View Poll Results: How long did you bf or are you planning to bf?
Less than 6 months 7 5.00%
6-12 months 21 15.00%
12-24 months 74 52.86%
longer than 24 months (please give details) 38 27.14%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2006, 07:40 PM   #51
christinewith4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long are you going to or did you BF?

DS #1: 7mths (biter)

DS#2: 14mths

DS#3: 16mths

DS#4: (currently 6mths old) my goal is 18mths... I figure, hey what the heck, I seem to be on a pattern roll.

I personally wouldnt go past 18mths though...

He is the LAST ONE so I want to nurse a little longer for taht reason too. We will have to see how the nursing goes... he is already got himself down to about 3-4 times/day, and I am fighting to keep him at atleast that right now- 2 weeks ago he couldnt even sit up, last week he started crawling, then w/in 2 days, getting into sitting my himself and NOW yesterday and today, pulling up- I think the super-learn-a-thon is keeping his attention instead of nursing right now...

Advertisement

christinewith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:53 PM   #52
babygirls2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Wink Re: How long are you going to or did you BF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinewith4
DS #1: 7mths (biter)

DS#2: 14mths

DS#3: 16mths

DS#4: (currently 6mths old) my goal is 18mths... I figure, hey what the heck, I seem to be on a pattern roll.

I personally wouldnt go past 18mths though...

He is the LAST ONE so I want to nurse a little longer for taht reason too. We will have to see how the nursing goes... he is already got himself down to about 3-4 times/day, and I am fighting to keep him at atleast that right now- 2 weeks ago he couldnt even sit up, last week he started crawling, then w/in 2 days, getting into sitting my himself and NOW yesterday and today, pulling up- I think the super-learn-a-thon is keeping his attention instead of nursing right now...

Ha ha...sounds like my oldest when she was a baby!! Now my 6 month old is the same way sort of. She was a preemie and is a little behind. She hadn't even been trying to roll over but this past week she has learned to sit up, roll over, and throw a tantrum if I put her down but it hasn't put a damper on her nursing sessions. He sounds like he is staying busy!!! Too funny!!!!!
babygirls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:54 PM   #53
sherbear178
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I breastfed dd until she was 10 and half months, we would have contined longer but I got pg with ds when dd was 6 months old and by 10 and 1/2 months my milk just went away. Ds has been nursing for 7 months now. He is all business. He had to be in NICU for a few days( fluid in lungs after a c/s) and they gave him a bottle. I was so afraid that he wouldnt want to bf after that but the very first time we tried he latched right on and he hasnt stopped since!
Old 08-09-2006, 12:06 AM   #54
hby
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz_Trio
Zachary is now 33 months old, and nursing is still going strong...though support is NOT...it's sad!
Hey Mama,
I just wanted to say way to go!! Keep up the great work. You said support is not. Did you mean from your family and friends or just overall? Have you ever tried going to a La Leche League meeting?? You can PM me if you would like if you want to talk about extended nursing. Just remember you are giving the greatest gift ever and your milk is still providing wonderful nutrition with lots of antibodies. Well, if you ever want to talk let me know.
Hattie
hby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:14 AM   #55
hby
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am currently tandem nursing a almost 2.5 y/o and almost 6 y/o. My first son was born prematurely and I had a lot of latch problems. I had cracked, bleeding, blistered nipples and asked the LC everyday "are you sure my nipple won't fall off" Thank heavens I had the greatest LC and just knowing I was giving my preemie the best thing possible for him at that time was key. I just am so thankful for my LC in the NICU because I am sure without her help I might have quit. Especially when I had the nurses saying things like O just give him some formula to give yourself a break. I'm glad I was able to work through my rocky start.

If anyone that is extending nursing wants to talk I'd love to hear from you.
hby is offline   Reply With Quote