Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2007, 11:40 AM   #1
Grrchurch03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My First Complication

Breastfeeding my dd, now 11 mos old, has been quite a breeze, she has normal length nursing sessions and has always been a good eater, even teething has been cake, but now we have a problem. I think she has been gnawing on my nipple a little at her nursing sessions, I can't pinpoint exactly when she does it, but I could feel the affects of it when she latches, there is a small sore right about where her top teeth would sit. I went today and bought a set of nipple shields, but she doesn't know how to use it and it hurts so much I am terrified of letting her latch on with nothing to protect me from her toofers. Anyone have any good advice? I am thinking of just nursing her on the other side and pumping off excess until it feels a little better, probably a day or two? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. TIA!

Advertisement

Old 12-12-2007, 04:49 PM   #2
joy7s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My First Complication

oh boy that sounds painful!! I think the pumping or lanolin to the area might work??
Spring Joy Jesus following,cding, extended bfing,tandem nursing (again!) , homeschooling, mama milk donating, semi crunchy and green mama. Unemployed ped RN married to my one and only n asl Terp since 2/16/00
my three princesses: a (6/26/04) s (9/15/06) and Z (8/5/08)
and little man Z (11/12/10)
joy7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:01 PM   #3
saongiri
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My First Complication

I think you can do what you said-nurse on unaffected side and use lots of lanolin or another nursing creme- I love northern essence and earth mama angel baby---it will probably heal in 24 hours