Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2007, 12:35 PM   #1
CharmKami
Registered Users

chicken pox

do people here in u.s. even get chicken pox anymore???

where are they?

I want to expose my son almost 4 who has had the vaccine, and my 2 other children to it so that they can get it get it over with be immune and dont have to get the vaccine.

I have just never heard of any cases of chicken pox for a long time...

Advertisement

CharmKami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:49 PM   #2
sahminaz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: chicken pox

Sometimes I see moms on mothering post about their kids getting it. Then its CP party time. I'm not so sure your 4 year old would get the cp if he has had the vaccine. He might later when the vaccine wears off and would require a booster. But I have seen kids with the vaccine be around a child with CP and not get the CP. When my ds gets a little older we will be on the hunt for CP.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:52 PM   #3
daddyn4wisechix
Registered Users
Formerly: daddyn3wisechix
seller
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: chicken pox

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmKami View Post

where are they?

I want to expose my son almost 4 who has had the vaccine, and my 2 other children to it so that they can get it get it over with be immune and dont have to get the vaccine.

We had it!

Last edited by daddyn4wisechix; 10-24-2011 at 11:05 AM.
daddyn4wisechix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:53 PM   #4
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

yea, check out the find your tribe section on MDC. and maybe the vaccinations forum.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:56 PM   #5
mama2cody
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have heard of kids getting CP nowadays, it's just not as common. It's one vax my son is not getting because I don't think that CP is life threatening. It's annoying, that's all. If he gets it, we'll deal with it then.
mama2cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:24 PM   #6
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd be scared to expose your already vaxed kid. I've told this story before, but once again... my friend has 5 kids. The older 3 all got CP, then youngest 2 were in the CP vaccine group. Levi got the vaccine, Faith was too young still. Faith got CP at 12 months, and Levi got Shingles at 5 years old (they were exposed to the virus at the same time, those were their ages). Faith did awesome, Levi ended up with some pretty severe nerve damage. He's made a full recovery from it, but it was a long painful road for him. So honestly, I would expose a non-vaxed kid but wait for the immunity to wear off of the vaxed kid jic.

My son has had chicken pox already, at 12.5 months. No idea where we got it from. It was a BEYOND light case though, so I'm pretty sure he'll get a stronger case later. I'm hoping he's already immune, but doubt it. He had less than 30 blisters if I remember right.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:36 PM   #7
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hm....I wonder if it'd be good for me to get The Kid infected with it now before the baby comes.....
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:05 PM   #8
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmKami View Post

where are they?

Well, we had it at our house back in May. dd caught it from dh, who had Shingles! We did have a CP party w/ some friends, one of whom has 4 kids. One of her 4 kids caught it from Claire, then her other 3 PLUS her husband caught it from the one child, so she had 4 kids + dh w/ CP at one time (!) but they all came through just fine. (She's on DS - Steph, how'd it all go?? ) So yeah, post on Finding your Tribe on MDC about looking for CP and you might find it!
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:35 PM   #9
benjason
Registered Users
seller

Chicken pox is going around here in my local homeschooling group. So kids do still get it. I really want to expose my kids, but it's just too close to Christmas to chance it.