Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2007, 06:00 PM   #11
MamaZelly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What is wrong with my kid??

For all my life, I can't stand if there is a wrinkle in my sock, or wearing turtlenecks. Tags in any clothing drive me batty, espcially while I was preggers. My hubby also can't stand the greasy lotion feeling, so he looks (and feels) like an alligator all winter.

Neither of my kids seem to share our "abnormalities."

Advertisement

Old 12-13-2007, 06:30 PM   #12
RockinClothBunz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 10-year-old brother STILL can't stand anything flannel or fleece. He thinks the fuzzies make him not be able to breathe.
Auntie to Trentin 5-31-09
RockinClothBunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:30 PM   #13
RockinClothBunz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaZelly View Post
For all my life, I can't stand if there is a wrinkle in my sock, or wearing turtlenecks. Tags in any clothing drive me batty, espcially while I was preggers. My hubby also can't stand the greasy lotion feeling, so he looks (and feels) like an alligator all winter.

Neither of my kids seem to share our "abnormalities."
Oh yeah, the tag thing too. DS and my little brother both can't stand tags. We have to cut them off everything!!!!!!!!!!
Auntie to Trentin 5-31-09
RockinClothBunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:58 PM   #14
weddell
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhutier View Post
Dh still refuses to wear turtle necks because he swears they make him feel like he's choking. I think some people just don't like certain things and I know with my kids the more you fight it the worse it gets. I guess he can just wear socks to bed to keep his feet warm.
That's why I don't wear turtlenecks either. I have always hated them!
weddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:12 PM   #15
turtle2who
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with others that it may be common to OCD, autism , etc. but my son will not wear turtlenecks or footy pj's, and he HATES tags on anything. He is 2 1/2. It was A LOT worse when he was younger. He has mellowed a bit about it all in the past year. He's completely normal in every way.

I have always had issues with clothing. I cannot wear sleeves that are skintight- they must be loose or my skin just crawls and all day I am so preoccupied with the feeling that I cannot concentrate. All of my clothes are on the looser side- and at home around the house they are downright baggy! It is not that I don't care about style- I just cannot stand the feeling in some clothes. I think I am (fairly) normal.

I think when you get to know people, you see that we all have our "issues."
Old 12-14-2007, 03:59 AM   #16
hapaness
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
I have a nephew going through that right now too. He's almost two. I wonder if it's because they live in AZ and he isn't used to wearing long sleeves, pants or shoes with socks.

My little brother was the worst though. He refused to wear anything with buttons. My mom said that after church he'd jump out of the car and be naked by the time he hit the front door. He wouldn't wear anything but jersey athletic shorts until junior high. He's 20-something now and completely normal... and borderline stylish.

I started thinking that the AZ thing was the issue...during the summer he wore either just his diaper or a diaper and t-shirt....he is just starting to wear pants for the first time since about April.
hapaness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 04:00 AM   #17
hapaness
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls~Kain~Drake View Post
How old? My almost 4yo has fits like that sometimes. I think it's fairly normal.
He is almost 22 months....heh
Old 12-14-2007, 04:06 AM   #18
hapaness
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ladies..
Thank you so much for your replies...I guess I just have to live with the fact that he has these issues...hopefully he will outgrow them, he doesnt mind socks on his feet and when he is wearing shoes he doesnt care about the pants touching his feet. The jacket thing is something I'll have to figure out..its starting to get cold here (yes...it gets cold in Arizona..it even snowed last year...and I'm in Mesa!). Anyway, I think he is ok with fleece as long as the sleeves are not too long, not sure what to do when it rains though..he will not wear a hat or hood.
Another thing that is strange is that while we were cd'ing (we recently stopped because we moved and dont have a washer or dryer) he threw screaming fits at every diaper change...now that we are in sposies...he doesn't. We are getting a washer and dryer tomorrow so he will be back in cd's..(yay!), we'll see if he grew out of his fits or if something about the way the cd's feel bothers him.
Thanks again!
Old 12-14-2007, 06:29 AM   #19
Craftin'Diva
Registered Users
Formerly: Diaper'nDiva
seller

My Mood:

From someone dealing with SID, it sounds like some quirks...
Jeri, Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), a (1/12) and full time StepMonster to Shelby (16). Married to my soul mate, Eric for over 10 years! Awaiting a rainbow after our loss and 5 years of secondary infertility!
"A strong person is not one who doesn't cry. A strong person is one who is quiet and sheds a tear for a moment, then picks up her sword and fights again!"
Craftin'Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 06:39 AM   #20
TieNappyQueen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

alot of kids go through that and it is no big deal. E has always been, off. Not bad, not wrong, not screwed up just something was not right. People who did not know him would never know just say that he is just a bit high needs but soemthing just seemed off. My friend has a child with Senesory Proccessing Disorder and refered me to the book, The Out of Sync Child, it all came together. If you think you need to, check it out. SPD is so often over looked and misdiagnosed as autisms and ocd's. AFter reading and starting some of the therapies he became a new child and once he was diagnosed it all came together. Give it a shot.