Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-14-2007, 08:57 AM   #21
heluvsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nursing clothes - a necessity?

I've purchased a few nursing shirts (even got a really expensive one once) and I just can't get into them. To me, it's a pain in the patootie! So much easier to just lift up your shirt!

Advertisement

Old 12-14-2007, 10:04 PM   #22
sapphos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SativaStarr View Post
Ive been nursing DD for 12 months and own 2 nursing shirts.. honestly, I HATE them. I find it much easier to just wear regular camis under vneck tops, and then I just flip my boob out the top to nurse.
and I also just ended up pulling up my shirt but I was in warm climates
Old 12-15-2007, 06:16 PM   #23
AlisonR80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It really depends on the person. I started out just wearing normal t-shirts and lifting them up...but this didn't work in public cuz my belly/back was exposed. It was summer and i'm not into wearing layers so i started buying nursing shirts. I dont have a lot but i LOVE them. Now i can't stand to have to lift up my shirt. I ony have styles that are v-neck with a faux shirt under that you push to the middle and pop out the boob. I've also turned regular shirts from Kohls into nursing shirts. I bought some snap down henley's that had a faux shirt under (only in front)...this shirt is like a man's undershirt kinda....and i cut the fabric near the seam and voila...cheap nursing shirt! I just bought more at kohls for $10, this time v-neck with the faux shirt underneath.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:58 AM   #24
jabba
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nursing tank/bra under a regular shirt. (Cheap one from Target is way better on me than Motherhood or Glamourmom.) Lift up the shirt, and the tank keeps your tummy/side/back from being exposed or cold.
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:40 AM   #25
pixilated
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonR80 View Post
I ony have styles that are v-neck with a faux shirt under that you push to the middle and pop out the boob.
That's the type I bought from Motherhood last fall, regular polo shirts with a half shirt with cut outs on the inside. So, I still push the polo shirt up, but the white half shirt stays put. Best looking nursing tops I've ever seen. And not bulky either.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:40 AM   #26
AlisonR80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here is one of the shirts i bought and cut slits in to make it accessible so i wouldn't have to lift up my shirt. so hopefully my link works

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/knittops/34sleeve/PRD~239470/Sonoma+life+style+Striped+MockLayer+Polo.jsp
Old 12-16-2007, 10:48 AM   #27
jenkathryn
Registered Users
seller

I agree that it depends on the mother's comfort. I have found nursing shirts to be more cumbersome for us. I don't even like nursing bras and when DD was 4 1/2m switched back to my regular ones that are low cut and have found them to be easier because I don't have to resnap them.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:05 AM   #28
Tad
Registered Users

My Mood:

Let me put it this way

for <$20 yes, I would get a few. It just makes breastfeeding & pumping so much easier. BUT - pick a easy to use opening style that you like, so are really cumbersome. I like best the ones from H&M, they also double as maternity shirts, so you really get use out of them! The H&M opening is super discrete and for pumping - it help keeps the pump in place!

Here's pics:
Old 12-16-2007, 11:37 AM   #29
terrismez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought 3 nursing tops after having my dd & rarely uysed them - I actually just sold them all on here. For me, it just seems as easy to lift my top up.....as long as I have a blanket with me to cover up, it's not a biggie & still easy to be descreet (I know...I can't spell)....

terrismez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:53 AM   #30
AlisonR80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also wanted to add that i don't own any traditional nursing bras, i only wear a leisure bra that crosses in the front and i push it to the side. Its not the most supportive bra, but i have a physical disability with my arms/hands and the traditional bras just don't work for me.
The nursing shirts i have are not cumbersome, but i did find the ones that you have to lift up with a 2nd layer and find the slit to be cumbersome, thats why i only get the kind that i described earlier