Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-13-2007, 12:27 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
A really great day for us!!

I thought toady was going to be a good day! DS slept all night in his crib for the first time last night! He woke up twice but dh got him back to sleep. Mind you at 14 months the longest stretch of sleep he has ever had is 5 hours and that was at a few months old. Usually he is up every 45min to 2 hr. He has allergies which make it hard for him to sleep. I usually give up and bring him to bed with me just so I can get some rest. On good nights he'll nurse and go back to sleep. On bad nights he cries and fusses most of the night. So this was a HUGE success for us. So I was already feeling good with the best nights sleep I'd had in years and then this happened...

For the past several weeks ds has been pooping on the potty in the mornings. It was a freak coincidence one day, but he's usually pretty regular so I started putting him on it and most days he sits there and poops. I would sometimes put him on during the day, with occasioanl success. He knows what to do when he sits there. He'll grunt and push, etc.

Anway, the last few days we have several almost successes with him telling me he needs to go. He only says a few words, but he knows several signs and we taught him to sign potty when this started. Once he just had gas (I still considered that a success) and he was so proud of himself. Yesterday he pooped a little in his diaper but then finished on the potty. I didn't rush him to the potty, so I don't know if he told me before he started and just couldn't hold it.

Today he was eating lunch and he started signing 'potty, potty'. I grabbed him out of his chair and undressed him as fast as I could and put him on the potty. Low and behold he peed! Than he pooped! His diaper was entirely dry so he really did it!!!!

I'm still keeping it very low key and am not going to push potty training, but I am so proud of how well he is communicating at us. Now I just need to get better about paying attention when he signs it to me and get him to the potty quickly.

SAHM to Justin (11), Jared (8) , Marcus (7), and Ethan(3)!
shairna is offline   Reply With Quote