Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2007, 01:10 PM   #1
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Feeling overwhelmed :(

I am having so many problems still with Kingston who is almost 8 weeks....I am elminating dairy, soy, beef, and eggs and he is still getting a rash sometimes, still having mucousy stools, still at time spitting up tons, and still a lot of times after nursing getting super fussy. I have gone one by one with them and I think right after I do that he is a little better, but I don't know because he gets worse again, he has really bad days and some okay days. I am afraid to eliminate something else and bring something back in I have eliminated but I am just to afraid. We also started him on medicine for relfux.

I am to the point and I have just been avoiding eating to try to help Kingston. I can't vent to anyone, because I get the formula thing...and I hate to say it but right now I'd almost go for it. I don't want to at all....but what can I do?? I don't know what to do....the elimination diet??

I feel awful for Jackson my two year old....he has been a monster, doing everything he knows he shouldn't and getting into everything when I am busy with the baby. With Kingston and his issues, he gets pushed aside. I am so short WAY too much because I am usually so stressed out. I feel so awful .

I don't know but all I want to do somedays is just cry with my babies . I am trying to stay strong, but it's hard .

Advertisement

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:16 PM   #2
teenbean31
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Feeling overwhelmed :(

mama!
Old 12-13-2007, 01:20 PM   #3
mamaof10
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

no advice but
AND Karlee (21 mos), AND Jessika Dawn 7-6-11!
mamaof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:30 PM   #4
raelynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

:hugs :hugs :hugs I wish I could offer some advice

I've earned $75 with Swagbucks AND I've lost 108.8lbs ISO MM Poppies
raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:33 PM   #5
cm.thomas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm no bfing expert but just I thought I would offer and see if you had tried a wheat and gluten free diet? My friend's lo was having a tough time, and after nothing else worked, she tried the wheat and gluten free diet and that's what she's been doing for the past 8 months. He's been doing great on it. Hang in there mama! It'll get better! Also, the reflux meds may need some time to kick in too. GL mama!
ISO:BSRB TIANs
cm.thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:37 PM   #6
LissAnne
Registered Users
seller

I don't have any advice either, but you're not alone! My 3 mo old is a needy baby and I am having a difficult time with my almost 2 yr old as well...there's just not quite enough of me to go around. I tried eliminating dairy & eggs as well, but it didn't seem to do any good. And we're vegetarian so honestly, my options seem a bit limited as to what I could even eat. Since it didn't seem to help, I went back to my regular diet. Maybe the mucousy stools are from overproduction/excess foremilk? The spitting up could be from that too. I think that might be part of the problem with us. Anyway, just wanted to offer and let you know that you're not alone!
LissAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:40 PM   #7
Jujubazooka
Registered Users

My Mood:

Could you try wearing your LO so that he is with you but you still have your hands free for your older one?
Lake Jewels Etsy Store
Jujubazooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:49 PM   #8
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubazooka View Post
Could you try wearing your LO so that he is with you but you still have your hands free for your older one?
I do but he is very picky about what I do.....he doesn't like me moving/or not certain ways. He pretty much lives in the wrap during the day. He just likes me to be walking, no beding, or rocking.

Thanks everyone else for the hugs and advice.

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:13 PM   #9
MamaZelly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, huggies, Mama.

Start with keeping your diet as bland as you can stand it for 3 days (plain chicken, poached, and plain white rice, no dairy, no nuthin'). Lots and lots of water.

If his rash and stools clear up while you're on this diet, you know for sure that it is something you're eating. Every 3 or 4 days, add ONE item back into your diet. As soon as he starts to react, you've got one of the culprit foods. Eliminate that item from your diet, wait 3 days, and add something else.

It's tedious, and you'll want to eat everything under the sun just 'cuz you can't, but it is worth it in the long run if you want to keep nursing your nursling.

Good luck, and keep us updated.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:05 PM   #10
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaZelly View Post
Start with keeping your diet as bland as you can stand it for 3 days (plain chicken, poached, and plain white rice, no dairy, no nuthin'). Lots and lots of water.

If his rash and stools clear up while you're on this diet, you know for sure that it is something you're eating. Every 3 or 4 days, add ONE item back into your diet. As soon as he starts to react, you've got one of the culprit foods. Eliminate that item from your diet, wait 3 days, and add something else.
That is a GREAT idea!

I was also thinking too much foremilk but I dont know how much he nurses on each side.

Dont give up Mama, you know how awesome BFing is and it WILL get better!

I would definatly try the above and see if that helps, if not you know it is something else!

PLEASE LMK if you need anything!