Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2007, 07:47 PM   #1
Jz_Doll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
things I LOVE about breastfeeding

I like that BF is best, cheep, easy blah blah blah...
but I LOVE how sweet and peacefull Marissa looks when she is nursing contentedly, and how she caresses my boob as she nurses.
I LOVE how when she is excited to nurse she wraps both arms around my boob and smooooshes her face deep into my boob.
I really LOVED it when my husband, while admiring how big, beautiful and healthy she is commented that it was amazing that "all this" (meaning Marissa's health and growth) came from my breasts.

I dread the day we don't do this anymore

Rose

Advertisement

Old 12-13-2007, 08:14 PM   #2
abbycadabby
Banned

My Mood:
Re: things I LOVE about breastfeeding

I love the loud, animated gulping sounds that he makes when he's really thirsty/hungry.

I love the way he insists on having his finger in my mouth, like, "I'm gonna feed you, too"

I love that my husband is in awe of the way my milk tastes.

I love that breastmilk doesn't stain. I *really* love that breastfed poo doesn't stain.

I love that I don't have to get out of bed at night, ever, unless its to pee.

I love that I don't have to search for a microwave/hot water when we're out in public.
abbycadabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 08:49 PM   #3
adensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love the excuse to sit down! LOL

I love the fact that there's this one thing I can do for him that nobody else can.

I love it when he looks up at me and smiles .

I love the funny way he gets so excited when we sit down to nurse...its kind of a cross between a cry and a cough (weird) and he ONLY does it then.

I love watching my 2 yr old dd nursing her baby dolls. She'll never think twice about nursing her kids (I hope).

I love watching my 5 yr old son try to nurse his sister's babydolls!! Poor kid...he's mostly outgrown that now...

I love the fact that while 4 separate stomach bugs ravaged our household in September, the last sending me to the dr for fluids, the baby never got one of them....I REALLY love that!
Old 12-15-2007, 10:06 PM   #4
Monzie
Registered Users

I love when my baby rolls back off my breast when he's finished eating and gives me a huge, totally satisfied, milky-faced grin.

I love how he softly treads his feet against my thigh when we're curled up together and nursing in bed.

I love how he wraps his upper arm over my boob like "This is MINE!"

I love when the house is quiet and the baby is well latched and I can just close my eyes, stroke the soft hair at the nape of his neck, and relaaaaaaaaax.

And I love when he falls asleep after his 7 am feeding and I can gently roll him onto his back and tiptoe downstairs to have a cup of coffee and check my email. The magical boobjuice makes him sleep like a log until 10 am.
Monzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 10:28 PM   #5
mollies73
Registered Users

I love when my baby smiles while nursing and milk spills out the side

I love when she wants to nurse, she waves her arms wildly and makes an mmmm sound

I love that only I can do this for her

I love when she looks at me and strokes my face
Old 12-17-2007, 09:39 AM   #6
sapphos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love the fact that when we're traveling (especially overseas) I don't have to bring bottles and mix formula and worry about water etc.

I love how my l.o. hums as she's nursing as if to say yummy.

I love how I can look into her eyes and our souls connect.

I love how she has been healthy this past year and continues to be.

I love it how she makes me laugh when she's trying to nurse and pushes on the other breast and milk squirts all over her...one day all over her lashes like little sparkling crystals of life

I love how she pats my breast while nursing.

And now as she is about to turn one, she now wants to stand and nurse, shifting back and forth from breast to breast.

Finally, because I could go on, I love the fact that I can put her in her mei tai and carry her around and nurse her without anyone knowing, and how I and only I can share the special way she falls asleep in the carrier at the breast.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:08 AM   #7
Nebula
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love all of the above, and some mommy perks too:

I love how nursing takes the pregnancy weight and then some off of me in three months flat.

I love indulging my super-hearty breastfeeding appetite! (Healthily, of course...but I eat like a whale!)

I love being able to sleep. I don't have to get up and stumble around in the night for bottles, just roll over in the bed and give baby the boob.

I love being able to go hiking, camping, on weekend reenactments, and so on without having to worry about food for the baby. All I need is the appropriate baby carrier and baby can experience the great outdoors with the rest of the family.

I love having cleavage! LOL. (I usually have to shop in the teen sizes for bras...I'm really tiny)

I love that my DH loves my milk too, and it enhances our sex life.

I love how bf'd babies naturally smell sweet.

I love knowing that I'm doing the best for my health too, as well as my LOs.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:13 AM   #8
surecutie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love how my little one nurses and suddenly pulls off to flash me a big bright smile with milk dribbling down his mouth.

I love being able to instantly calm him just by nursing him.

I love knowing that every ounce of weight he gains, every milestone he reaches, every advancement he makes is because he has had the best possible nutrition and it all came from my body.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:19 AM   #9
mama2cody
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love that I am the only that can feed Cody, and therefore no one else can watch him.

I love that his daddy says Cody is a healthy, chunky, happy little breastfed boy, and isn't afraid to stand up and tell people that.

I love that Cody wants to hold my hand while he's nursing.

I love that Cody gets excited when he thinks he will be eating!

I love when he pulls off the breast and looks at me with his beautiful big eyes, smiles real sweetly, then laughs, like he has the best joke in his head.

I love that I am helping him grow and above and beyond anything else I do, he will always know that I love him.
mama2cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:53 AM   #10
Drearina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love when she's nursing and she sticks her chubby little hand in my face and signs "Milk milk milk milk" over and over.

I love when she pats my boob as if to say "there there mommy I'll drink the milkies, it's okay"

and this is new

Last night Daddy was playing with her and she walked up to him stuck her chubby hand in his face signed "milk" and said "Mama milk!" AWWW!