Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2006, 07:41 PM   #1
sunsera
Registered Users

How many c-secs can you have?

just curious...delivered my beautiful dd 3 months ago but had to have an unscheduled c-sec after 18 hours of labor because she was stuck. And boy was she stuck - they had 2 surgeons to get her out and they couldn't pull her out, I had pushed her so far down that one surgeon had to reach in and vaginally push her up while the other one pulled her out from my tummy

Was told that my OB, whom I adore, doesn't do VBAcs and it's c-secs for me from here on out. Well, we'll see, but out of curiousity how many c-secs can you have? I hate being limited by c-secs and I'm worried that if I have a repeat c-sec that I won't be a good candidate for VBAC if I chose that for a 3rd kid, kwim...I mean do they do VBA2C?????

Advertisement

sunsera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:16 PM   #2
Bridym
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How many c-secs can you have?

Hi

Some OB's will do VBA2C's but I think from what other has said it might be hard to find one in the US to do it, you should look into getting a midwife with your second if you want to try for a VBAC with #2.

My OB doesn't encourage anymore then 3 c-sections because of scaring and the possibility of your uterus getting very thin, but I have heard some women having more then 3, but I don't know how risky it is.

I am having my second c-section on the 14th but we don't plan on having anymore babies so I feel comfortable having a second one done.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:55 PM   #3
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

my ob told me when i asked while pg with danae you can get as many as you need, he had a patient that went on her 10th c/s, he didnt perform them all but said she was fine.
my mil had 4 c/s and is fine
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:53 PM   #4
bobandjess99
Registered Users
seller

Here it is 3, they will pretty much coerce you into signing a tubal consent form when you are pregnant with your 3rd, i have had clients in tears over it because they had wanted large families...
You should definitely have a homebirth vbac, if at all possible, if you are really wanting to have natural births from here on out.

Last edited by bobandjess99; 08-02-2006 at 10:55 PM.
bobandjess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:00 PM   #5
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

From what I have heard there isn't a limit anymore, unless you have unusual circumstances. Any place that says you can only have x number of C/S sounds like they are full of it to me. I would do some research.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:07 PM   #6
MommyMommyMommy
Registered Users
seller

My mom had 4 and my aunt had 5 and this was back in the 70's and 80's. I can only imagine that medicine has advanced since then to allow you at least that many or more!
MommyMommyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:09 PM   #7
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

I have had to deliveries via c-section but I have actually been cut open though that scar 4 times... anyway I'm fine. You can ask the doc (& I imagine a good doc would do this anyway) to take out the old scar tissue w/each section.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:13 PM   #8
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've heard the 3 rule as well but it was also a dr who doesn't do VBACs! My friend had a c/s with her 1st dd who was 10lb11oz and she was on her 3rd day of prodromal labor at 42+wks! Stupid drs!! Her 2nd dd was barely 7lbs at 39wks so size isn't a reason anymore... she has had several abdominal surgeries prior from being born with that condition where our abdominal wall doesn't form and your insides are on the outside. They aren't even positive everything is where it SHOULD be! Yikes! She has tons of scar tissue down there so that was an issue from #1. She's due in March w/ #3 and likes her dr so she'll have another c/s... I guess her last...
Old 08-03-2006, 12:21 AM   #9
mamas120
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dr. hasn't said how many but my step mom has had 6.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:51 AM   #10
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a freind that has had 4 and she said with each one recovery was easier.. She said by the 4th he was up and at em, pretty quick!!

You need to do what you feel is right....
If you really want a vbac, researcha dn find your answer and then if need be, finda new OB orMW to take care of you. i woudl hate foryour dream of a vbac to be crushed. (if oyu want one) becasue your doc wont do them...