Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-07-2006, 10:12 PM   #1
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Favorite pacifiers?

Okay. I fought and fought and fought my own mother and MIL about using the "stinkin' binky" (as it's called in our house)... but, as it turns out DS would be latched to me (not eating.. just playing around) night and day if it weren't for the pacifier... so, I GUESS it's a good thing.. for now... although I still hate the rotten thing...

So... that being said... what is your favorite brand of pacifiers? We were given 2 Avent newborn paci's by.. guess who... my MIL and therefore they were in teh house. I like that they are silicone... but they are the only 2 that we have and playing the "Where's the rotten binky" game is getting old already.

Any suggestions on your favorite brand/kind?

Advertisement

Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:16 PM   #2
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Favorite pacifiers?

Avent is my favorite hands down. I went through about 10 diff kinds w/DS #1 & finally ended up w/the Avents my mom sent from the US (we lived in Japan at the time & had just zero luck finding them).

This time we bought Avent from the start w/DS#2... although we tried the soothies from the hospital & another kind that was given to us. He just didn't take them well.

AVENT!
Old 08-07-2006, 10:25 PM   #3
ivysmomma
Registered Users

We use the Mams (I think that's what they are called, it's late, cut me some slack, lol). I like that you can choose latex or silicone (we use silicone) and there's also more than one size. I didn't like how the Avent ones are flat and DD wouldn't take Nuks.... those are the only three kinds we tried.

Visit The Little Stinker Store! Find everything you need for your little stinker.

Stocking the 2nd and 16th of the month at the Wonderful World Congo! Check it out!!
ivysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:28 PM   #4
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

My son only used one for 3 months but it was all about the Soothies (I couldn't find them anywher eand we only ahd the one that the hospital gave us so I made DH go back within 24 hours of leaving back to the hospital and make them give us more LOL). My daughter is a binky fanatic-- it's all about the Gerber Nuks (silicone nipple, size 2-- even from the beginning she wanted the bigger one).
MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:31 PM   #5
cicily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son only uses MAM silicone pacifiers. They are great and we haven't had any issues with rashes around his mouth from them.
cicily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:35 PM   #6
worldwarcaitlin
Registered
seller

DS uses the silicone Nuks. I tried Mam brand, but they always fell out of his mouth and they seemed so darn big.
worldwarcaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:52 PM   #7
pinkflamingos77
Registered Users

Gerber NUK. That is the only one my daughter will use. It was the only one my boys would use too. When I was in hospital they were using the soothies and a lot of the nurses said majority of babies prefer the NUK to any other pacifier. Seems to be true in my experience and I know many moms from playgroups and on other groups I belong too who say the samething.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:05 PM   #8
Nadmom
Registered Users
seller

We use the soothie. I tried to get her to take other kinds because the soothies are not the easiest to find but she wouldn't take anything else. Now at 22 months she only takes it once in awhile for sleeping. I tried the size 2 for her but she only likes the size 1 green ones.

A few things to know about them is that because the whole paci is made of the silicone every bit of fuzz, lint and hair sticks to them, not all pacifier holders work with them and I think they are harder to find when they are dropped due to their iridescent coloring them tend to blend in and be hard to see.

Barefoot Books
Nadmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:06 PM   #9
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

We're MAM users. She used to only take the NUK but when she hit about 6 months she prefered the MAM.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:39 PM   #10
lovemygirls
Registered Users
seller

Maddy just started taking the nuk 2 months ago (She's now 7 months old). We use the NUK brand. She prefers that one and so did my oldest dd.

Ginger
lovemygirls is offline   Reply With Quote