Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2006, 12:19 AM   #11
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Favorite pacifiers?

Seems like each kid is different. Some will take any plug, others only one.

MY kid will only take the Soothie. Nothing else. I try to con him into using the cute Ortho Pros, but NOPE. It's okay though, the Soothies are cute too. And he doesn't take one often anyways.

Ditto about the fuzz and the paci holders. Hardly any paci holders work with them. I have about decided I'm going to tie a thick string around one of the holes so it will fit on a paci holder. They are easy to find here though, every Wal-Mart, Target, etc. has them. For $2.something for a 2 pack.

Advertisement

Old 08-08-2006, 05:28 AM   #12
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

Mama is theonly ones my kids would use. I just bought 2 for the baby, not sure if we'll use them but good to have just on case. Ds needed one and dd hated it. The girl I watch uses the Gerber ones (of course not over here because at 2 years old she is far too old for one).
Old 08-08-2006, 05:42 AM   #13
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Thanks, mamas!! IT's nice to know that some other folks use a pacifier as well.. makes me feel less guilty... it's true, some kiddos just need it.
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:36 AM   #14
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

My first could only use the round ones (no matter the brand) and my second could only use the ones that were flat on bottom (no matter the brand, but has to be the newborn size - even at 11.5mo)....i'm sooooooooooo glad to be getting rid of it though!!!! My first is so addicted to it...I mean, I don't allow himto have it - but he'll steal it from his lil bro and sneak off....I'll be so glad to not have a single paci in the house anywhere.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:21 AM   #15
tyles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My oldest daughter would only take a Gerber round, that was 10 years ago. My oldest son never took anything. My 2yo son started on Avent, switched to Mam (cheaper) after a year. He gets it at bed and nap time, but since the baby, he has wanted/needed it more. We're working on it.

Lillian needs one, I hate being a pacifier, but won't take one. She gags everytime. I have tried every single one I can find. I'm having a little luck with a preemie Gerber I found at BRU.
Do I owe you feedback?! Don't hesitate to remind me!
tyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:37 AM   #16
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

Both my girls are Nuk babies. Lucky for me they only used them at nap/bedtime so I wasn't searching all day for the thing, I just have to dig them out from behind the crib, but at least I know where they are. LOL
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:40 AM   #17
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:

DS won't go for paci's but when he did for about a month, he'd only take his soothies or the avent ones.
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:40 AM   #18
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ds loves the NUKs but we ONLY call them pacifires here, I hate the other names for them,lol. And when we tell him to go get his pacifire at 15months he knows its in his bed most of the time and will go get it, when others call it something else he looks at them like WHAT??
LuAnn
Old 08-08-2006, 10:00 AM   #19
skayers01
Registered Users

My son can only use the Nuks and the Ortho ones. We tried Soothies, but the it's too big and because it's hard and of the shape, he can't keep a suction.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:44 PM   #20
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

My first son didn't have one. We never really offered one to him, and he never really needed it. He did start sucking his thumb at about 5ish months old.

My second son would suck constantly if he were allowed. We tried giving him pacifiers/binkis in the hospital, but he wouldn't take them. We finally tried the MAM (silicone) brand, and he took that one just fine. Now, 17 (almost 18) months later, he still loves his binki. He only has it at night/nap now, but we're getting ready to take it away soon!

Good luck!