Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-01-2006, 11:49 PM   #1
daizydoo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Question nylon thread?

has anyone used nylon thread in aio's or pockets-saw it at joannes and didn't know if it would be good since it wouldn't absorb moisture. I've just starting to make pocket dipes and wasn't sure whether to use it or not. If not what would you recommend. Also where do you get your fleece for the inside of your pocket dipes. I bought some and it just didn't work-leaked like it didn't absorb. I just bought some micro fleece this weekend at Joannes hoping that would work.Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Debbie

Advertisement

daizydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:54 PM   #2
MomsHelpingMoms
Registered Users
Formerly: teresaarrington
seller

Re: nylon thread?

I don't know if nylon would be sturdy enough for sewing diapers if you are talking about the invisible kind. It can be kinda hard to sew with too. My favorite is 100% polyester.

I only use PUL for the outer, but for the inner, all I use is Joannes Micro fleece. I love this stuff.

Miley Rae was born July 29, 2008 6lb3oz 19"
MomsHelpingMoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:57 PM   #3
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:
Re: nylon thread?

I don't make my own dipes but I've known lots of mama's rave about nylon thread... wooly nylon to be specific. cotton thread and some of the others will cause wicking problems.

fleece is good as a cover. It's not meant to absorb. Microfleece is great to use as liners because it allows moisture to go through it to an absorbant layer, holds poo in place well and makes it easy to come off. From what I understand, Malden Mills is the topnotch best in fleece fabrics for diper inners. Microsuede is nice too.

Good luck and I hope that helps. I'm sorry I'm so limited in my knowledge, but I make wipes, not dipes. (I'm not that good of a seamstress, but there are alot of others here that can provide better info!!!)