Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2006, 03:41 PM   #1
peike
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question Washing poopi diapers

So how do you do it?
We started today with CD and of course he pooped.Twice, so now i have 2 dirty diapers.Exactly I have 2 dirty inserts and FB pocket i got clean , but not BG.So how do you do it?What do you use.As I do not have large stash and dont own washing masine I wash by hand.Right now these are still soaking, what now?

Advertisement

Old 08-08-2006, 03:49 PM   #2
Sweetforestcat
Registered Users
seller

Re: Washing poopi diapers

I know a lot of mommas use a sprayer. I just leave the poo on the dipe unless it is the kind that rolls off easily. Then I do a quick cold prerinse before I add my poo dipes and then wash as normal.

I do not soak as then the diapers get really stinky.

Also if the poo is from an exclusively breastfed infant, you can just wash as normal without rinsing first!
Old 08-08-2006, 03:52 PM   #3
peike
Registered Users

My Mood:

So how come that my EBF babys diaper wont come clean, by scrubbing by hand. I guess needs more work
Old 08-08-2006, 04:09 PM   #4
aklausmeier
Registered Users

Do you have a laundromat near you? If so, here's what to do:

1. Wash on cold with no detergent
2. Run another wash on warm w/1/4 of regular amount of detergent (the hot setting on a commercial washing machine may be too hot)
3. You can take everything home to hang dry or dry at the laundromat on warm.

You will want to use a washable diaper pail liner so you can haul your diapers to the laudromat easily and be able to wash the pail liner at the same time. Eventually it would save you the most money and time if you had enough diapers so that you only had to wash them 1 or 2 times a week. It may seem daunting but people do use laundromats for cloth diapers successfuly.

*IF you need to wash at home in the sink, still only use a very small amount of detergent and hand wash vigoursly. Then hang to dry.

I really hope this helps you
Old 08-08-2006, 04:33 PM   #5
peike
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks, so cold and warm wash?Will try,right now with my small stash(8 pockets and 2 fitted) it makes most sense to wash by hand as I need them as soon as they come dry.Hopefull O am able to make it that far as I can go without washing at least day
Old 08-08-2006, 04:35 PM   #6
GracieGooseSC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy Re: Washing poopi diapers

Does anyone dunk in the toliet? I have to with my toddler's poo because is sooooo sticky and ! Anyway, not to impose on your thread just curious...because I wish there was a less yucky way to get the poop off!
Mamato Halee (9) Chloe (7) Dalilah (4) Jack Greyson (2) and Baby#5 due in Oct!
GracieGooseSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:51 PM   #7
sararenda
Banned
seller

Red face Re: Washing poopi diapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGooseSC
Does anyone dunk in the toliet? I have to with my toddler's poo because is sooooo sticky and ! Anyway, not to impose on your thread just curious...because I wish there was a less yucky way to get the poop off!

I found that a 5 gallon bucket, 2 plastic clothes pins and a hose with a cheap $5 "fire nozzle" from Wal-Mart works wonders on my prefolds and covers. I have 3 in diapers and as soon as they poop I take the diaper out and pin the prefold to the inside edge of the bucket and hose it off. I do the same with the covers. I let them "drip dry" outside on a short line I have by the faucet.
sararenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:58 PM   #8
jkelstaten
Registered Users

I also wash by hand. To get the poo off (we don't have access to a sprayer) I hold it in the toilet and flush and swish around. Then I immediately take it to my washing sink and use a scrub brush to get the rest of the surface yuckies off. Then I put in the wet pail w/ baking soda until I've got a load worth usually every night.
jkelstaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:14 AM   #9
Mommyk8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGooseSC
I do the dunk and swoosh with DD diapers. I also use fleece liners so the the poo doesn't get on the actual dipe but mostly on the liner. I hold one end and put the rest in the toilet then flush and let the water run over it that helps to loosen things up. Just don't let go or you will have a clogged toilet. I almos tlost a liner down the toilet I was able to grab it in time
Mommyk8 is offline   Reply With Quote