Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2006, 06:41 PM   #1
juniper29
Registered
seller

My Mood:
What's the longest/shortest you've waited for a custom dipe?

I'm going on four months for ONE dipe.....I don't feel right naming the WAHM, but I was just wondering!!! lol

The shortest for a custom dipe is definitely Lori at Bumblebuns!!! I think Preston's Pants is going to be a close second, and Cloth Thoughts too!

Advertisement

juniper29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:51 PM   #2
serena22304
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What's the longest/shortest you've waited for a custom dipe?

the longest would have to be 2 1/2 months for 1 diaper and the shortest would be about a week for 1 diaper
serena22304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:51 PM   #3
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:

Shortest for me was 4 days from order to receipt - over a WEEKEND! I was shocked I got them so quick. That was from Blue Lake Diapers

Longest was several months (close to 3, I think).. I won't name the WAHM because there were some extenuating circumstances, but it was still unreasonably long.
EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:53 PM   #4
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

4 MONTHS! I don't believe it! What is so special about this WAHM's dipes that her waiting list is 4 months???

Gosh, I think the longest I have made somebody wait between ordering and them getting their dipes IN HAND was 3 weeks! I normally get an order and make it up within 2 days and it's out the door! Right now I am waiting on fabric and my customers know that I am waiting on it and then I will sew them as soon as they get in but 4 MONTHS????

Yikes! Well, when you get your dipe, I hope your baby will still fit in it.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:04 PM   #5
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Ive never waiting longer than a few days for a diaper(s). Imwaiting for some right now but its only been like 2 weeks,

Ive waited 8 weeks for wool items though
Old 08-09-2006, 06:23 AM   #6
Mommyk8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

4 months seems a bit long. I think I waited 3 weeks but knew that from the beginning and the WAHM kept me updated. Have you heard from her?
Mommyk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:39 AM   #7
nikolaki
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The shortest was 3 days. I got a custom Peewell spot on a Friday. She had them done that afternoon. I got them on Monday. The longest was probably two weeks. Wow, 4 months - that does seem a bit long.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:45 AM   #8
Nikel1979
Registered Users

I'm not sure the shortest. A week maybe? I tend to order custom diapers in multiples though. I don't remember ever waiting over 2 weeks on actual diapers. Wool's a different story. I've got a custom longies/tee/hat set spot I ordered about 2 weeks ago that I won't get until probably mid-late September because the wahm that dyes the yarn I want is moving. I was given the option of changing colorways though. And the custom list for Lizzie's Wonderland is insane huge. I've been on it for close to a month, and she's not expecting to get to me until late Feb/early March. The turnaround time is supposed to be great once she does get to your name though.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:11 AM   #9
monkeytoesmama
Registered Users

Fastest was 3 days from bluelakediapers. I'm waiting on customs from 2 wahms right now that have been a few weeks. One I was slow in making up my mind and communication. The other wahm is close to edd and I told her no rush at all...she has been great at keeping me updated.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:42 AM   #10
My2punkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've gotten a quick custom from bluelake diapers before too. I was also amazed to get a custom wool soaker from baby bear diapers in less than 2 wks when the wahm is in Canada!
Unfortunately right now I am waiting on some custom dipes for about a month now as well as a pair of longies that are exactly a month since I ordered and was told two days ago the wahm is "still waiting for yarn" I know exactly who I will and won't be ordering from again, that's for sure.. As a pp mentioned, its really nice to be kept updated, esp. when your custom is taking a looonnng time. I get more than a little frustrated when I'm the one who has to make contact only to be told not much progress if any has been made. Sorry for rambling, I'm sure you can tell I'm at the frustration point over these particular orders.

ETA: I really feel bad for you moms who've had to wait MONTHS for your stuff. If it got to that point for me I'd surely be asking for my $ back

Last edited by My2punkins; 08-09-2006 at 07:45 AM.
My2punkins is offline   Reply With Quote