Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-12-2006, 08:05 AM   #1
asandwick
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Red face DD weaned and started BF again

Hello, I am new here but have already become addicted.
I have a question that I would just like to hear other breastfeeding mom's view on.
My dd weaned herself at 13 months old b/c my milk changed as I was 8 months pregnant. She is 32 months old now. I have been bf my ds now - he is 16 months old and a few months ago my dd started asking for "nursie". I let her nurse a few times and my dh was against this and made me feel like maybe it was not good. Anyway I have had a change of heart and when she asks for "nursie" now I let her have it. I feel like I am doing the best thing for me and my dd. There has actually been a change in our relationship and she is much calmer and we both feel much closer and more peaceful. I just wanted to get other mommas feedback. Maybe one of you have had a similar experiance.
Thanks for listening!!
Thank you all for such a wonderful site!!
~Alacia

Advertisement

asandwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 08:29 AM   #2
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:
Re: DD weaned and started BF again

Oh you are so lucky!!! Enjoy Tandem bf I tried with Ella and Trenton but I dried up
Old 08-12-2006, 09:03 AM   #3
willow659
Registered Users
seller

That is so Awesome. Congratulations. Don't let you hubby make you feel bad. You are being a loving caring momma and he might not be as comfortable with this because of all the public negativity towards breastfeeding. I don't know if I said this right Anyway.........I am so envious of you.
willow659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:15 AM   #4
asandwick
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you guys so much. Reading your post made me actually cry. And no I'm not pregnant. I guess I didn't realize how much I need support. Hubby has been my #1 supporter of breastfeeding from day one. He is much older than I and understands the value of it from emotional to physical and even spiritual. I do understand why it made him uncomfortable b/c she is such a "Big Girl" now. He is out of town now and I told him via the telephone .... he said, whatever you think is best. I know I am the Mamma and the only one who can give this to them and/or decide it's enough.
Thanks so much for the support!!!
asandwick is offline   Reply With Quote