Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-09-2006, 07:01 AM   #1
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:
NOOOOOOOOOOO ~ LOL ~ Figures!!

Okay, last weeks doc appt went great. The baby was engaged and good to go, I was told she'd certainly arrive early. I freaked out big time as I was just not ready.

Todays visit ~ AHHHH. After a week of accepting "any time now" and getting a lot done, certainly not ready, I was shocked by what the doc said. she said because this si #3 my uterus stretches more giving baby pleanty of room. Lilly is no longer engaged and is sunny side up (looing up instead of down), when she checked my Lilly was actually a little sideways ~ apparently she has a lot of room to stretch. I am now being told to let nature take its course (DUH!!) and it will happen in it's own time (again, DUH!). She asked if I had made my decision about early induction and I told her I was against it ~ she agreed it was for the better (waiting) but said if I don't have her by the due date they'll want to set up an induction date. So now I wait!!

Just thought this was funny after my freak out last week about needing more time ` apparently this child actually listens.

Advertisement

Old 08-09-2006, 07:07 AM   #2
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:
Re: NOOOOOOOOOOO ~ LOL ~ Figures!!

LOL!!! Natural labor vibes for you!!! and may she turn so you don't have back labor
Old 08-09-2006, 07:21 AM   #3
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Glad you won't go for early induction though! We did that with DD because they estimated her to be large for her age and they didn't want me to have to deliver a 10 lb baby. She was 9lbs 2oz when born 1 week early, but I wish I had just waited... induction ruined my birth plan. It was one intervention after another after that.

Good luck! Hope Miss Lilly gets her heiny in gear (and her face looking the more comfortable way!)!!!
Severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:27 AM   #4
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

I learned my lession about induction last time. They had to take dd early due to several health issues with both her and I so it was a necessity. My body was so not ready and it was long and painful. They started the induction at 6am and I didn't have her until 5pm and she weighed 6lbs. 15ozs ~ mind you she was a preemie. I had to have my water broke to speed thing along, then an epidural because everything just stopped. With ds I was 16 and my hips hadn't spread. I still managed a natural labor, 4 hours long, no drugs and he weighed 9lbs. 13ozs. This time I will wait it out!!
Old 08-09-2006, 07:41 AM   #5
lovemygirls
Registered Users
seller

mama! I was induced with both my girls, the first induction was HORRIBLE but then when I got induced with Maddy it went sooo smooth and FAST! Morgan was face up (actually when she was born she arrived sideways).

Ginger
lovemygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:50 AM   #6
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh man Dawn! She'll be here before you know it!!! At least she minds you though

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:27 AM   #7
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madalexsmom
I learned my lession about induction last time. They had to take dd early due to several health issues with both her and I so it was a necessity. My body was so not ready and it was long and painful. They started the induction at 6am and I didn't have her until 5pm and she weighed 6lbs. 15ozs ~ mind you she was a preemie. I had to have my water broke to speed thing along, then an epidural because everything just stopped. With ds I was 16 and my hips hadn't spread. I still managed a natural labor, 4 hours long, no drugs and he weighed 9lbs. 13ozs. This time I will wait it out!!
My induction started at 10PM on a Tuesday night... 2 rounds of Pitocin later, and having my water broken at 8PM on Wednesday night, and DD was born THURSDAY morning at 5AM. NEVER again! I got through it until midnight Wednesday (or is that Thursday morn?) before I went for the epidural. Couldn't handle it anymore after that...

Hope Lilly gets moving for you soon!
Severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:20 AM   #8
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

My dd was left occiput posterior, she was sunny side up and turned a bit to the side. Bad back labor, 24 hrs with no dilatory progress and I eventually just opted for a csection (no stones please!) My dr said that it's a good thing I opted for a csection because she most likely wouldn't have come out on her own. (And I do know that most babies turn while you are pushing. It was a great experience anyways, so I don't regret it.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:42 AM   #9
skayers01
Registered Users

Here's a tip my midwife told me. Now and when you fo into labor, spend time i=on your hands and knees. This will help her turn the right way. Also, don't lean back in your bed, sofa, etc. You can sit in a chair backwards and lean, that will help too. My favorite is belly sifting. Have you heard of it? Does anyone else know? It another way to line up your baby and feels good! Get on the floor, put your elbows on pillow and hve your knees a little apart on pillows. Have you dh get a blanket at cradle your belly in it. Then he pulls up on each side of the blanket, back and forth in a rocking kind of motoin. Make sense? Can anyone explain it better?
Old 08-09-2006, 12:24 PM   #10
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

Oh get thyself to spinningbabies.com! I think that's the addy. They have lots of exercises to get baby into the right position. I honestly think my dd was LOP b/c I was in school through my entire pregnancy sitting in a chair, obviously leaning back a bit.