Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-26-2007, 11:15 PM   #1
ilovemyfamily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
so tell me about mutts and goodmamas....

O.k so I keep seeing these all over ds. What's the big deal on these? I know I can't get any. I have plenty of diapers and part of us using cloth is to help on the cost of dipes but I am still curious. I do have to say that the LOs in the recent mutts picture thread are just so cute!!! (I'm not quite as fond of the name but well that's just me. )

So, tell me about mutts and goodmamas....

Advertisement

Old 12-27-2007, 12:36 AM   #2
Spirit Elf
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: so tell me about mutts and goodmamas....

I love all of our Mutts (Muttaqin Baby) and Goodmama diapers, they are some of our favourite fitteds!

I like the Mutts for the cute prints, and the fit. It's hard to explain, they're not the trimmest we have, or the cutest, or the most absorbant. There is just something about them we love! We have all kinds - SS, FS and 3 step rise. All of them work great on dd so far and she's VERY hard to fit for fitteds, especially snaps!

The goodmama are one size dipes, which are usually huge and way too bulky on my teeny girl, but these ones are so soft and stretchy with the fold overs, that they just fit her to a T! And the third wing snaps means no wing droop! (A problem we had with the Baby Kangas). I'm very excited for the wishbox to come, since most of the ones I already bought I've traded or sold (prints I'm not fond of and snap colours I'm trading for different colours).

One great thing about Goodmamas is the work ethic of the mama who makes them. I really like her philosophy, which makes her diapers more expensive but I support her because I'm political like that
Spirit Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 07:27 AM   #3
xois
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Elf View Post

One great thing about Goodmamas is the work ethic of the mama who makes them. I really like her philosophy, which makes her diapers more expensive but I support her because I'm political like that
yeah! exactally- usa made and fair wages...hurrah!

also, the fit is incredible...and they are very absorbant!

no experience with Mutts though, which is probably just as well
Old 12-27-2007, 08:16 AM   #4
Kiddo353
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

FOr us the goodmama's are the only dipe I have found that hold my supersoakers overnight without the dipe, the sheets and them being soaked by morning. They are VERY absorbant and for me the price is worth it to have a night system that works so I can keep them out of sposies and the plus for the girls is they don't have the huge booty at night.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:32 AM   #5
CrazynLove
Registered Users

I am new to diapering and was wondering the same things about these dipes. Anyone want to post a link for the Goodmamas?
CrazynLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:35 AM   #6
Maddie&Jake'sMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Maddie'sMom
seller

My Mood:

www.thegoodmama.com

We love our GMs because its one of 2 dipes that last overnights (the all velour, not the prints) for us. The fit is perfection and the softness and feel is like heaven. I want one for my butt. Enough said. LOL

And Mutts...omg. These are our all time favorite dipe. The prints, feel, fit...all of it. There is nothing I enjoy more than to see Maddie walking around the house coverless with an adorable Mutt on her tush.
Maddie&Jake'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:37 AM   #7
CrazynLove
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie'sMom View Post
www.thegoodmama.com

We love our GMs because its one of 2 dipes that last overnights (the all velour, not the prints) for us. The fit is perfection and the softness and feel is like heaven. I want one for my butt. Enough said. LOL

And Mutts...omg. These are our all time favorite dipe. The prints, feel, fit...all of it. There is nothing I enjoy more than to see Maddie walking around the house coverless with an adorable Mutt on her tush.
Thank you mama!
CrazynLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:56 AM   #8
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie'sMom View Post
www.thegoodmama.com

I can't wait til my LO walks But her in bouncy seat or on her playmat in a mutt is quite cute too

GMs...all about the fit....these are the only two fitteds I'm going to buy...done trying diaper after diaper. Unless she morphs over time and they somehow stop working...God forbid.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:01 AM   #9
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

I don't have any Goodmamas. I'm pretty much waiting for the hype to die down. I do have several Mutts that I have had for about a year, or maybe more, so this is my review.

When I got my first couple of Mutts I was in love. They were all velour/velour then (maybe a few prints, but almost all velour outer and inner). I was in love with how soft they were. So I bought a bunch more. This was during a period of time when they were easy to get because there had been some drama about Mutts and they weren't the "it" diaper. I bought the side snap, front snap, 3 SR, and the AIO's. I sold the AIO's, 3 SR and front snap after a short time because I didn't like the fit. The extra snaps on the 3SR were silly on my then 1 year old since he needed the highest rise already. I still have all of the side snap ones I bought, so maybe about a half dozen?

They are very well made.

The velour is very soft and stretchy.

They fit kind of wonky, though. The front is very trim, which I love, but the back is hugely poofy. There's all of this extra fabric in the back that poofs out and looks kind of messy. They don't fit snug across the butt. Does that make sense? Also, all of the soakers are too short for my ds.they probably work great for girls, but not so much for boys. I have to add a doubler just so his pee is hitting something absorbent. And all of the soakers have bunched up really bad and never straighten out.

So, overall, I think they get a 3.5/4 out of 5. The workmanship is excellent, and the materials are high quality. But there's some things about them that I just don't like. I want to love them since they are so soft, and I love the color combos. But they are the last fitted we reach for.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:06 AM   #10
discodiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

what kind of diaper is the Mutts? one size,pocket or is it a fitted that needs a cover and if it is what kind of cover would you put over that?