View Poll Results: When do you think I will go into labor.
Jan 1- 6th 4 7.55%
Jan 7th-13th 18 33.96%
Jan 14-20th 19 35.85%
Jan 21-27th 12 22.64%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-27-2007, 10:38 AM   #1
BlushingEwe
Registered Users
Formerly: blueblueMummy
seller

My Mood:
36weeks appt. What do you think?

OK so I had my 36week appt today. Everything looks good, still measuring large, more like 38weeks. But I always have big babies and we know that.
I was eff 70% and dilated 1cm. Dr says I need to keep track of my contractions because last time I was going every 3mins before I realized what it was but we lived 3mins away then, now we are 45mins away. She wants me to come in when we are 10mins apart, but I dont think I will notice it that far apart. In the past I did not really realize I was in labor until I was 5-6cms and no pain until my water breaks. SO I am worried about getting to the hospital.
My EDD is Jan 26th.
My mother thinks I will go in Jan 1st. DH says 27th.
Just for fun I though I would let you all guess when the new boy will come. What do you think?

UPdate! Saturday morning I lost my plug this morning! Yah!
I also had cramps all night long. At least I know things are moving along.

37week appt today. Now 2cm and 75%, and baby at -1 station.
38week appt Now 3cm with stretch! blody show!

Advertisement

Last edited by BlushingEwe; 01-09-2008 at 11:35 AM. Reason: update
BlushingEwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:55 AM   #2
jesr
Registered Users
seller

Re: 36weeks appt. What do you think?

I went with the 7th-13th, no peticular reason except my bday is the 7th so that choice stuck out at me. My due date is the 19th and am hoping to have him before that but close to it. (I want a capricorn lol). My Dh is a Leo and so is DS1 so want to level it out with me and DS2 being Capricorns. I hope your delivery goes smoothly and that you make it to the hospitol in time. Good luck. -jes
Jessica - SAHM to Ethan, Aug. 2005 and Dylan Jan. 2008 Expecting #3 March 2011.
Married to the Love of my Life Keven since Jan. 6 2004 Proud AF Wife
jesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 01:56 PM   #3
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOL, being dilated and/or effaced really is no indicator of impending labor. At 36 weeks, I was similar to you w/ both of my kids (e.g. at least 1cm dilated, approx. 50% effaced). I was overdue with both (by 4 days and 2 days). The day I went into labor w/ dd, I was 75% effaced, 4cm dilated. I voted the end of the month.
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:28 PM   #4
BlushingEwe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezoo View Post
LOL, being dilated and/or effaced really is no indicator of impending labor. At 36 weeks, I was similar to you w/ both of my kids (e.g. at least 1cm dilated, approx. 50% effaced). I was overdue with both (by 4 days and 2 days). The day I went into labor w/ dd, I was 75% effaced, 4cm dilated. I voted the end of the month.
Oh, I know that. But I tend to progress quickly. I have never gone over term and have been having strong contractions for the last month. My Dr was excited and reminded me to keep track of the contractions, because I tend to not realize how close they are until they get really close.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:50 PM   #5
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

I voted with your dh seeings how he knows when you usually go. I was 6 or 7 cm at my last appt with my last one and not in labor so dilation does not mean everything. I've usually been a few cm a few weeks before due date and went right around due date.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:02 PM   #6
hobbsandbean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful mother View Post
I voted with your dh seeings how he knows when you usually go. I was 6 or 7 cm at my last appt with my last one and not in labor so dilation does not mean everything. I've usually been a few cm a few weeks before due date and went right around due date.
oh my gosh. 6 or 7 cm? and not in labor? that is crazy! 70% done, and no pain. oh, what a dream. now i know what i want for my next baby.

sorry, back to the thread.

i'm voting with your dh. seems safe. i can't believe you don't have pain earlier on in your labor. that sounds very nice and dreamlike.
baby keelah . 3 months, finalizing adoption now!
hobbsandbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:19 PM   #7
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I vote for the 26th... just 'cause that's MY birthday... and my triplet brothers' birthday... and one cousin...

there's always room for one more on such a crowded birthday! Best of luck no matter what!
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:42 PM   #8
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I say Jan 9 around 4:47pm is a PERFECT time to have a baby! I have met one person with my b-day (my friend's DH) and then Nixon was born on the 9th too.
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:05 AM   #9
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbsandbean View Post
oh my gosh. 6 or 7 cm? and not in labor? that is crazy! 70% done, and no pain. oh, what a dream. now i know what i want for my next baby.

sorry, back to the thread.

i'm voting with your dh. seems safe. i can't believe you don't have pain earlier on in your labor. that sounds very nice and dreamlike.
I voted with your dh cause mine has always known I was in labor before I did in fact he knew I was 6cm dilated the night before but didn't tell me cause I looked like I needed sleep.

Oh I was having contractions off and on but totally bearable.
My third baby was my 45 min of knowing I was in labor in the middle of the night while the first 2 kiddos slept, that's what I want for this labor.

When I mentioned it to a friend she said her Dr had said that any woman who's had a vaginal birth before will walk around most of the last trimester at least 1cm dilated. So I checked myself just curious and sure enough it is soft and partially open at 36 weeks for me too, I still expect to be getting a baby for my 35th birthday (due Jan 24, b-day Jan 22).

Last edited by joyful mother; 12-28-2007 at 10:11 AM.
joyful mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:33 AM   #10
BlushingEwe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Honestly my DH is clueless. LOL
He only votes that way because he wants to delay it as much as possible. He is not good with it. Last month he kept saying I would not labor until the end of Feb. I think he would rather stay home with the other kids and have me come home when it is all over.