Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2006, 03:35 PM   #1
skayers01
Registered Users

Only For NON Vaxing Mamas pls.

My husband and Mom are teaming up against me (not in a mean way, they just both disagree) about not vaxing Ashton. Now, there are a couple vexes I might get, but chickenpox, hepatitis, a MMR, I don't want.

My questions are, if they don't get vaxed now, what happens if they become exposed as adult (when it can be very serious)? Also, is there an age that they will no longer give you a vax?

Those were my moms arguments. My dh just says no. Doe anyone have some cold hard FACTS to help me sway him? I get so mad b/c him opinion isn't based off of anything (except maybe the joy of getting a rise out of me apparently!), and I've read a lot and talked with many moms! I'm just no good at verbal debates. I always forget everything!

Please help....

Advertisement

Old 08-08-2006, 04:33 PM   #2
majick1
Registered Users
seller

Re: Only For NON Vaxing Mamas pls.

You MUST read and share the info with your family in this book. "How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of your Doctor", by Robert Mendelssohn, MD. Here are a few info. sites.

http://909shot.com/

http://home.san.rr.com/via/VACCINE/toc-vax.htm

http://www.know-vaccines.org/parent.html

majick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:40 PM   #3
skayers01
Registered Users

Thanks!
Old 08-08-2006, 07:56 PM   #4
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by majick1
You MUST read and share the info with your family in this book. "How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of your Doctor", by Robert Mendelssohn, MD. Here are a few info. sites.

http://909shot.com/

http://home.san.rr.com/via/VACCINE/toc-vax.htm

http://www.know-vaccines.org/parent.html

I was just going to suggest 909 shot I was just there getting my religious exemption form for Keegan's preschool year
Old 08-08-2006, 09:25 PM   #5
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

don't forget the vaccines board at www.mothering.com/discussions Really great info there. The facts are that even if you have your baby vaxed now the immunity won't last into adult hood. We are all supposed to be getting boosters that we don't bother to get. If your child gets measels, mumps, rubella and chicken pox naturally then they will have life long immunity. And if not they can be vaxed in their early teens if that is what you want to do. I think a few of the vaxes have an age limit, but not many (I'm thinking maybe pertusis, but it typically wears off by age 7 anyway so vaxing your child isn't gaining you much). And some things like HIB really aren't an issue for children over 15months anyway, so you wouldn't need to bother later.

Just keep researching, but know that you will probably never get everyone's approval. The vax manufacturers have been working hard for years to convince people to blindly vaccinate. It's a hard track to break.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:58 PM   #6
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OH, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! My DS is 22 months old and I am so scared that I have done something wrong by giving him his Vacs. He has had them all even CP... I didn't want him to but my IL's mainly MIL told me that she would fight to have our son taken away if we didn't vac. and my husband CAVED IN! What should I do?
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:59 PM   #7
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If I need to post this on a different thread then I will just LMK! I don't want to HJ this thread. I just thought it would be a safe place to post KWIM?
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:06 PM   #8
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

He's YOUR son. They can't take him away because you won't vaccinate him (they wouldn't even be able to find a lawyer who would try!). Tell MIL to stick it up her butt. And DH that unless he'd like to move back in with his mother, he best back you up, lol. Good luck!
Old 08-09-2006, 01:15 AM   #9
skayers01
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer23
He's YOUR son. They can't take him away because you won't vaccinate him (they wouldn't even be able to find a lawyer who would try!). Tell MIL to stick it up her butt. And DH that unless he'd like to move back in with his mother, he best back you up, lol. Good luck!
Hehehe, you said it best!
Old 08-09-2006, 01:17 AM   #10
skayers01
Registered Users

So if I don't get the HiB, could he get sick enough to die or get permanent damage? I get confused when I read some articles, because I either feel like they aren't addressing some things or the vax sites are just trying to scare you.