Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-09-2006, 11:25 AM   #1
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:
domperidone question

DD is almost a year old and still gets no formula (yay) but lately my supply SUCKS. It was always an issue and I always had to supplement a little, like 3 oz/day (I use my sister's extra ebm). Now I have to use 6-7 oz. Half of the bottles going to DCP with DD is my sister's milk. Which is fine seeing how I know she is healthy and has way more than enough milk (she also donates 1 or 2 times a month to the locate milk bank, 100 oz each time) but I am getting pretty butt hurt that I can't pump enough milk for DD and now it is getting less. I pump every 3 hours for 15-20 min. I have tried EVERYTHING short of domperidone. SO I wanted to ask others who have tried it, does it work, how long do you have to take it, how much do you have to take, once you stop does you milk drop back down, where do you get it (I CAN get an RX for it if needed). Please LMK. TIA

Advertisement

Old 08-09-2006, 12:02 PM   #2
scwendy
Registered Users
seller

Re: domperidone question

I took Dom to relactate for my daughter and was able to get her back to EBF.
It usually works for only as long as you take it if you. I started out taking 2 10mg 4 x a day.

It had none of the side effects that I experienced with reglan.

I was unable to get an rx so I ordered online from New Zealand.
scwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 04:01 PM   #3
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

You can order it from globaldrugs.tv. I also have 400+ I'm looking to sell, but I'm waiting to hear back from another DS momma as to whether she still wants it or not.

It didnt' work for me. But everyone I've told said I'm the only person they've ever heard of it not working.
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 04:10 PM   #4
Mindi
Its a Mindi thing... you wouldn't understand
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I used it with ds and it was the only way that I could produce enough for himi. Even then I was taking the dom, MMP, Roma and anything else I could to make enough. I also ordered mine from globaldrug.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:41 PM   #5
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

does it work,- yes, but for me i think the best thing was increased nursing, which im sure you have already done, plus you are in a different situation than i was, i wasn't pumping.

how long do you have to take it--dr newman said to give it 6 weeks to be sure, but many many women see results within days. some women are able to stop once their supply is re-established, others stay on it for the duration of their nursing.

how much do you have to take--typical dose is 30 mg 3x per day. i was on a high dose at 40mg 3x per day.

once you stop does you milk drop back down--it is advised that you wean off of it, by dropping one pill a week (i think its a week, or every few days). you see if your supply suffers after dropping that one pill, and if it is stable, you drop another one, and so on. some women are able to wean off entirely, some wean down to a lower dose and keep taking that dose until the child weans. i started weaning off of i, but affter dropping a few pills i decided to see what happened if i jsut stopped cold turkey. no problems whatsoever.

where do you get it-globaldrug.tv

its great that your sister is able to provide milk for your dd. what a great family. and thank her for me for donating milk. i wish i were able to to that. good luck.

Last edited by titania; 08-09-2006 at 04:42 PM.
titania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:13 PM   #6
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

Yup, that's where I got mine, too. (globaldrug.tv)
I used to relactate, also, but I never got back to EBF and quit after awhile. It did help me produce a little, so it should increase yours with no problem (realistically). It made me gain weight, and I think my attitude was a little off, but other than that I didn't notice any side effects. I think I did take the regular dose (30mgx3 a day) that titania said up there.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:39 PM   #7
offlikeapromdress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my ob gave me reglan for supply issues and I took it before bed and when I woke up my breasts were leaking and hard as rocks..lol. Try your ob first and see if they can help you. It really helped me get Aidan back to his birth weight. Im gonna continue to take it.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:19 PM   #8
Audriannasmommy
Registered Users

becareful of reglan it can cause depression