Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-28-2007, 10:54 AM   #1
momto3girls
Registered Users
Formerly: tajsa
seller

My Mood:
Ouch biting help

My dd is 8 months old and started biting me about a month ago. I tried saying no very firmly and taking her off. This worked with my older dd and she stopped after a couple times. It's not working with this one and my nipples really hurt. She has one tooth and it's sharp too! Most of the time she thinks it's funny. Other times she cries. I'm at my wits end here. I flinch when I put her on. I don't want to stop nursing either.

Advertisement

Old 12-30-2007, 07:48 PM   #2
momto3girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ouch biting help

Anyone?
Old 12-30-2007, 07:51 PM   #3
marymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i have no advice mama, she's just getting used to having teeth so it shouldn't last too long.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:51 PM   #4
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I say take her off, tell her no and put her down, like on the floor or beside you. That's how I got both of my DDs to stop. I've only been bitten once or twice by both of them. If she cries she's probably still hungry, so let her nurse. If she doesn't cry then she might just want to play. At least that is how my DDs reacted. HTH!
Old 12-30-2007, 09:00 PM   #5
MollyW
Registered Users
seller

my DD had 4 teeth at 4 months- my pediatrian had NO advice....caue she didn't think that a 4 month could be doing that. I said I took her off and all that. What ended up workign was to put her on the floor and she cried. She could see me the whole time. I told her no and all that kind of stuff but it was that I set her on the floor and then after a little break I woudl start again. I SO FEEL for you! At 8 months you should be able to get "through" to her more than a 4 month old! :P Best of luck...don't give up but I know your pain! Did you try a nurinsg necklace? Maybe that would help. Just as a distraction from biting?! Hope that helps!
-Molly
MollyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 09:13 PM   #6
momto3girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyW View Post
my DD had 4 teeth at 4 months- my pediatrian had NO advice....caue she didn't think that a 4 month could be doing that. I said I took her off and all that. What ended up workign was to put her on the floor and she cried. She could see me the whole time. I told her no and all that kind of stuff but it was that I set her on the floor and then after a little break I woudl start again. I SO FEEL for you! At 8 months you should be able to get "through" to her more than a 4 month old! :P Best of luck...don't give up but I know your pain! Did you try a nurinsg necklace? Maybe that would help. Just as a distraction from biting?! Hope that helps!
-Molly
I tried a nursing necklace and it was way to distracting for. She'd stop nursing to put the necklace in her mouth and play with it.

I'll try putting her on the floor next time. I usually keep her on my lap and face her away from me.