Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-29-2007, 10:21 PM   #11
Jaci
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please tell me this will help :(

She won't get less milk, not at all, she will simply request to nurse more (don't be surprised if she wants to nurse every hour), that is her way of helping you produce more milk, babies do it when they are going through a growth spurt also and it can be really confusing. When Connor went through his first growth spurt I was so frustrated because he wanted to nurse ALL THE TIME. I really thought something was wrong, but nope, he was just getting the milk machine to produce more. So yeah, don't let that discourage you, she'll get what she needs.

I also have a cliff hanger (shallow latcher), I just try to make sure he opens his mouth REALLY WIDE before I let him on the boob, and if he slips off, we try try again. Also, that can be really really frustrating, particularly at five in the morning, but it does eventually get worked out (though I also had an oversupply issue)..

Advertisement

Jaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:29 PM   #12
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleymelynn View Post
All he wants to do is party with his boys and drink. he completely ignores me. we have not seen him once and he has been home for a week. He was even partying and gone on xmas when i went by his house. The stress he's giving me is no way helping my supply by keeping me stress-free

I totally prefer nursing, I think I just got n the habit of doing the bottle. Night time, I generally nurse though.

I argued with the dr when she wanted me to supplement for 3 appointments and then she handed me the formula and made me feel like I was depriving my daughter by not giving it to her since she was slow to gain.
That is totally normal for that situation. (DF)

Just nurse all day, now you get her back to the breast!
Old 12-29-2007, 10:42 PM   #13
ashleymelynn
Nanipoo Lover <3
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calideedle View Post
That is totally normal for that situation. (DF)

Just nurse all day, now you get her back to the breast!
shes just fallen off it in a deep coma

he's only home for another week, I guess I'm approaching it wrong, but i sent him a message telling him if I didnt hear from him by sunday, i was assuming he didn't want to see us & he could go get bent. I may be pushing him away, but I feel like he is messing with MY daughter & I do not feel I should try to pick up the pieces when she finds out the stupid circumstances as to why she didn't get to see him her first xmas when we were 15minutes away & they had never met before
My ISO thread
ashleymelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:16 AM   #14
Jamie
Registered Users

Dunno what to say about your DF except he's an ***.

But about the boobie situation! Take a weekend off, get rid of the bottles, and hang out in bed with your baby topless (You be topless, it doesn't matter if your baby is or not! lol). Let her nurse as often as she wants to, and offer it frequently. Don't use a pacifier or anything else in her mouth. If she starts to put her hands in her mouth, offer her the boob.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:32 PM   #15
sbolen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with PP, nurse nurse nurse. Also, pump as much as you can after feedings to get your supply up.
When I needed to up my supply, I took 3 caplets of fenugreek and 3 caplets of Blessed Thistle three times a day (yeah, 18 pills....). It worked.

Kellymom has some good resources on getting off supplements.
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/decrease-formula.html

Sorry to hear about your DF. I can't imagine how hard it is to come back from that. I know its probably hard to handle with a new baby and all of that, but remember that he just probably went through some crazy sh&% over there and may have trouble figuring out how to pop back into the real world. The same thing happened to my friend's DH. to both of you and I hope things work out.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:53 PM   #16
Corey3739
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleymelynn View Post

I like that pumping idea. We're working on her shallow latch, so to be honest, the pump actually works better than her mouth!! but even now I am not getting that much with the lactina anymore
Could she possibly be tongue tied? That would account for a bad latch and slow weight gain.