Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-09-2006, 07:16 PM   #1
MCR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I must be doing something wrong.

Today we went out for the day. We left at 9am, baby Jen was in a clean wonderoo with both hemp wonderoos pieces snapped together. I kept checking and she was dry, then at 11am later she was soaked through (her dress missed it so I didn't need to change clothes)
I put her in a Magic All, kept checking and within two hours she soaked though again. SHe did this all day, I kept checking and she'd be dry as a bone, then next she was soaked. I went though 5 diapers in 7 hrs. Then we got home.
I have some fleece top doublers on order, are these going to even help? I'm wondering if I need to order some infant CPF's and line her diapers with something like that. This kid is peeing me out of house and home I wanted dipes with fleece so she felt dry, but heck I don't care anymore I just don't want her to leak, Winter is coming and if she leaks out of every diaper, we'll be in a dozen outfits a day.
She didn't drink constantly either, I was counting cups, she went through one cup of water with juice and almost one with plain water.
Do I sound desperate? I'm feeling like it.

Advertisement

MCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:20 PM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: I must be doing something wrong.

she sounds like a super soaker, holds it until she needs to go then floods the diaper
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:21 PM   #3
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

Have you tried something other than hemp? Maybe a hemp on the bottom and a microfiber on top? (Hemp holds more, but microfiber absorbs faster!)

That'd be my suggestion. We don't have a super-peer here, so I'm not a ton of help, but that's what I'd try.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:25 PM   #4
sandrc
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
she sounds like a super soaker, holds it until she needs to go then floods the diaper

this is what my DD does, she's done it since she was tiny. she's usually good with 1 microfiber insert during the day at home, but if we go out it's usually 2 microfiber inserts. (the inserts are the blue microfiber towels trifolded, we got them at sam's club)
sandrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:46 PM   #5
MCR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The Magic alls are microfiber layers beneath a fleece. I got them because they are so simple for when we are out and about. Arrgghhh I'll have to rething what I take out and about with us.
She managed to flood out of a Fuzzi Bunz yesterday (at home) it had a micro insert and a small hemp too, I thought it was me not paying attention, but this looks like a new trend for her.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:50 PM   #6
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

How many times did you wash the hemp?? Hemp needs to be washed on HOT 3-4 timesd prior to use to be absorbant enough to use. And it sounds lieks he hols it and then opens the flood gates.
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:20 PM   #7
MCR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The hemp has been in use for about three weeks, and the small ones from yesterday I bought used, so they were already pre washed.
I hope this means we'll be potty learning soon, all the holding and flooding.
I sat her on the toilet this evening, she had no clue, poor kid, she just wanted to unravel the paper.
I hope the doublers get here soon, I think I'll have to use them in every diaper. I think I ordered 6 from Cottonbabies and 4 from wonderworks.
That should get me to town and back.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:09 PM   #8
bsydprmkn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah i have 2 super soakers here. when were out and about i can put 12 layer soaker in there with 3 layer mf and well hold for about 3 hours. doesnt help that dh always has them with cups though:grr:
Old 08-10-2006, 01:44 AM   #9
Termie
Registered Users
seller

Maybe this is a silly question and maybe I missed it somewhere... but were her inserts saturated? If everything is leaking and you are using microfiber on top... I'm wondering if there is any repelling going on.

For a soaked through hemp pocket I'd expect that the inserts would be nearly dripping if in fact there is no repelling.
Termie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:38 AM   #10
ocfb16
Children will forget your presents. They will always remember your presence.
seller

I was wondering the same thing.