Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-30-2007, 04:55 PM   #1
handmadebymama
Registered Users
Formerly: hollypitcock1@
seller

My Mood:
Night Nursing Addict

His name is Matty and he is a night nursing-a-holic, lol.

But seriously, have any of you co-sleeping mamas found yourself with a nine month old baby who still gets up every two hours to nurse? If so, and you have any solutions for me to try. . .I would greatly appreciate a good night's sleep.

Thanks!

Advertisement

handmadebymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:05 PM   #2
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Night Nursing Addict

you might get more replies if you post this in the breastfeeding section or just get a moderator to move it for ya

as for your question, i have a toddler who doesn't nurse much at night and a newborn nursling lol, so i dont have an answer but i hope you find one soon
Old 12-30-2007, 05:21 PM   #3
sageandquinnsmommy
Registered Users

No help here, but I'm curious to see answers. My 2 and a half year old still nurses all night long. He's been like a nursing newborn his whole life.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:26 PM   #4
rainbowbrite812
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

E has this cold that just won't go away and since nov he's been nursing non-stop every 2 hrs starting at midnight, 2, and then 4a. i don't know why he lasts from 8p-midnight and from 4a till 8a...i think it's just gotten to be a habit in the middle of the night...it's driving me nuts.

and yes, you'll probably get more replies in BFing

10% off code for Oliver's Labels, perfect for back to school! use code KBPG0808
rainbowbrite812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:38 PM   #5
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DJ was still nursing every couple of hours during the night at that age. I slept topless and he was pretty good at getting what he wanted without either of us waking up. If he fell asleep with a boob in his mouth, I did try to take him off (even if he went right back on a few minutes later) because I found if he spent all night "on" the breast, then it got to be like a pacifier and he wanted to stay on all the time (and it wreaked havoc with my supply).

You can check out some of the articles by Elizabeth Pantley and Jay Gordon about night weaning. They are both very much in favor of extended breastfeeding and cosleeping but feel that the situation needs to be healthy for mother and baby. I think Dr. Sears also has some articles about older babies that nurse all night.

Good luck...I know it's frustrating but hang in there...it will pass and life will go on. I was working full time outside the home when DJ was nursing every hour or so during the night so I know how it can be but you can survive.
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:47 PM   #6
tiredmommyof8
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Good luck. I have a 1 yr old that barely nurses in the daytime as she is too busy playing and eating solids. At night she wants to nurse all night long and most of the time when I unattach her to put her in her bed she wakes up and is po'd. So right now i live my life as the human pacifier.

Kate~ Now an exhausted Mommy of 9!
ISO/IHA
tiredmommyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:13 PM   #7
handmadebymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Heading over there to post right now. Thanks mama.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:15 PM   #8
handmadebymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoster2000 View Post
DJ was still nursing every couple of hours during the night at that age. I slept topless and he was pretty good at getting what he wanted without either of us waking up. If he fell asleep with a boob in his mouth, I did try to take him off (even if he went right back on a few minutes later) because I found if he spent all night "on" the breast, then it got to be like a pacifier and he wanted to stay on all the time (and it wreaked havoc with my supply).

You can check out some of the articles by Elizabeth Pantley and Jay Gordon about night weaning. They are both very much in favor of extended breastfeeding and cosleeping but feel that the situation needs to be healthy for mother and baby. I think Dr. Sears also has some articles about older babies that nurse all night.

Good luck...I know it's frustrating but hang in there...it will pass and life will go on. I was working full time outside the home when DJ was nursing every hour or so during the night so I know how it can be but you can survive.
While, part of me wanted answers. . .the other part of me knew that this may be the case, I am hanging, mama, thanks!!
Old 12-30-2007, 06:15 PM   #9
handmadebymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowbrite812 View Post
E has this cold that just won't go away and since nov he's been nursing non-stop every 2 hrs starting at midnight, 2, and then 4a. i don't know why he lasts from 8p-midnight and from 4a till 8a...i think it's just gotten to be a habit in the middle of the night...it's driving me nuts.

and yes, you'll probably get more replies in BFing
Hmmmm, this all started when he was getting his bottom teeth. . .may be a trend, eh?
Old 12-30-2007, 06:17 PM   #10
handmadebymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredmommyof8 View Post
Good luck. I have a 1 yr old that barely nurses in the daytime as she is too busy playing and eating solids. At night she wants to nurse all night long and most of the time when I unattach her to put her in her bed she wakes up and is po'd. So right now i live my life as the human pacifier.
Oh wow, I feel for you!!! I am a human pacifier as well, in the pm. And my ds agrees with her. . .being in her bed is for the birds!!!