Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 10:47 PM   #11
gbird1
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Southeast Alaska
Posts: 172
My Mood:
Re: Night Nursing Addict

i responded to your other thread over in Parenting...

Advertisement

__________________
Gina, mom to Samara 4-29-07 and Nate 4-12-11
gbird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:47 PM   #12
flobee76's Avatar
flobee76
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 3,453
My Mood:
Re: Night Nursing Addict

don't mean to hijack this thread, but I am glad I found it. I was gonna post something like this. DS is only 4 mos. but I find myself getting so frustrated that he is nursing so much at night. He flips out if he isn't latched on. I can't get GOOD sleep.

Oh well... you all are right, it won't last forever.
__________________
-Flo
wife to Tim (10/23/99)
Mom to DD (5/04), DS (8/07), DD (2/09)DD (5/13), Blessing #4 in the arms of Jesus 11/2011

Jesus-follower, Traditional Foodie, Homeschooler, frugal-er
flobee76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:53 AM   #13
mcpforever's Avatar
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bama
Posts: 11,738
My Mood:
Re: Night Nursing Addict

My 8 month old DD is like this and I am really getting impatient with it. She USED to take a binky or a finger but lately she refuses anything but the breast even though I'm only making drops now and she is getting formula. (I'm 3 months pg and have really worked at nursing her, but the milk just isn't there. No flames please.)
So far the only thing that works is for my poor DH to get up and walk with her. Last night it took him 25 minutes to get her all the way back to sleep. (He came back too soon the first time or it would have probably taken more like 15.) She did sleep for a good 3 hours after that-instead of her normal 1-2. Then she was up at 5 and 7-or something like that-it all gets hazy. I am trying to figure out what else we can do. The thought of giving her a bottle in the middle of the night has crossed my mind, but I don't want to get that started just to haveto take it away later.
Pantley's No Cry Sleep Solution is lurking somewhere in my basement. I think I'll pull that out and see if there's any good info there.

ETA: I am making it a habit to not let DD nurse herself to sleep for naps or at night-ever. That's hard!
__________________
Melissa-Wife, mother to DS 4/02 and DD 4/07, DS 7/08 DD 7/13
ISO: my lost shaker of salt

Last edited by mcpforever; 12-31-2007 at 08:01 AM.
mcpforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:02 AM   #14
debmom2boyz's Avatar
debmom2boyz
Registered Users
Formerly: n***_n_b**
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Where the Green Grass Grows All Around All Around
Posts: 3,378
My Mood:
Re: Night Nursing Addict

His name is Benjamin. He's 12 months 1 week and 2 days old. He wakes every 2-3 hours!

I try and not feed him every time. Last night, for example, I feed him every time

Oh well! It'll end soon...by the time he's 10! LOL
debmom2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:22 AM   #15
*Alabamamom*'s Avatar
*Alabamamom*
Registered User
sitesupporter
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Northeast Alabama
Posts: 9,068
My Mood:
Re: Night Nursing Addict

21 month old here that still night nurses... I highly recommend the book the op mentioned above.. it really did help me to get him to stop waking every freaking hour to just every few hours.. Now he wakes to nurse 1-3 times a night.. a couple times he slept all the way through... I feel like if I was more consistent with the tips in that book, he wouldn't be waking to nurse now. But, like the OP said too, this will not last forever.. soon your child will be 17 and driving and you'll be wondering WTH happened with the time?!?!
__________________
*~Angel~*
Married to my HS honey since 1990! And remarried him again July 20th, 2013!
Blessed with five - 22,20,18,7, & our sweet surprise 18mo
Granna to two amazing grandsons!! <3
*Alabamamom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:32 AM   #16
handmadebymama's Avatar
handmadebymama
Registered Users
Formerly: hollypitcock1@
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Suburban Hippie Heaven, aka Indiana
Posts: 4,164
My Mood:
Re: Night Nursing Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by *bamamom* View Post
21 month old here that still night nurses... I highly recommend the book the op mentioned above.. it really did help me to get him to stop waking every freaking hour to just every few hours.. Now he wakes to nurse 1-3 times a night.. a couple times he slept all the way through... I feel like if I was more consistent with the tips in that book, he wouldn't be waking to nurse now. But, like the OP said too, this will not last forever.. soon your child will be 17 and driving and you'll be wondering WTH happened with the time?!?!
He got up every hour last night, this mama won't be up til the new year tonight. . .yeah, our oldest is 16, it goes sooooo fast!
__________________
Holly
~ crunchy, knitting, dmb listening, composting, recycling, sewing, goodwilling, gardening wife, mama of 4, sister and friend
HandmadeByMama
handmadebymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:33 AM   #17
handmadebymama's Avatar
handmadebymama
Registered Users
Formerly: hollypitcock1@
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Suburban Hippie Heaven, aka Indiana
Posts: 4,164
My Mood:
Re: Night Nursing Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
My 8 month old DD is like this and I am really getting impatient with it. She USED to take a binky or a finger but lately she refuses anything but the breast even though I'm only making drops now and she is getting formula. (I'm 3 months pg and have really worked at nursing her, but the milk just isn't there. No flames please.)
So far the only thing that works is for my poor DH to get up and walk with her. Last night it took him 25 minutes to get her all the way back to sleep. (He came back too soon the first time or it would have probably taken more like 15.) She did sleep for a good 3 hours after that-instead of her normal 1-2. Then she was up at 5 and 7-or something like that-it all gets hazy. I am trying to figure out what else we can do. The thought of giving her a bottle in the middle of the night has crossed my mind, but I don't want to get that started just to haveto take it away later.
Pantley's No Cry Sleep Solution is lurking somewhere in my basement. I think I'll pull that out and see if there's any good info there.

ETA: I am making it a habit to not let DD nurse herself to sleep for naps or at night-ever. That's hard!
I am going to have to pick up that book. . .it is talked about a lot here, there must be something to it!!
__________________
Holly
~ crunchy, knitting, dmb listening, composting, recycling, sewing, goodwilling, gardening wife, mama of 4, sister and friend
HandmadeByMama
handmadebymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:34 AM   #18
handmadebymama's Avatar
handmadebymama
Registered Users
Formerly: hollypitcock1@
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Suburban Hippie Heaven, aka Indiana
Posts: 4,164
My Mood:
Re: Night Nursing Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by flobee76 View Post
don't mean to hijack this thread, but I am glad I found it. I was gonna post something like this. DS is only 4 mos. but I find myself getting so frustrated that he is nursing so much at night. He flips out if he isn't latched on. I can't get GOOD sleep.

Oh well... you all are right, it won't last forever.
Isn't it nice to know that someone else is going through the same things that you are? Somehow it makes it more tolerable, KWIM?
__________________
Holly
~ crunchy, knitting, dmb listening, composting, recycling, sewing, goodwilling, gardening wife, mama of 4, sister and friend
HandmadeByMama
handmadebymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:32 AM   #19
flobee76's Avatar
flobee76
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 3,453
My Mood:
Re: Night Nursing Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
.
Pantley's No Cry Sleep Solution is lurking somewhere in my basement. I think I'll pull that out and see if there's any good info there.

ETA: I am making it a habit to not let DD nurse herself to sleep for naps or at night-ever. That's hard!

Yes, we have this book and I had to break it out yesterday. I was letting DS fall asleep while nursing and that really did me in. Pantley's book is really good, but I have to keep reminding myself that it's NOT a quick fix. It definitely takes hard work, but the end result with be worth it.
__________________
-Flo
wife to Tim (10/23/99)
Mom to DD (5/04), DS (8/07), DD (2/09)DD (5/13), Blessing #4 in the arms of Jesus 11/2011

Jesus-follower, Traditional Foodie, Homeschooler, frugal-er
flobee76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:50 AM   #20
heluvsme's Avatar
heluvsme
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,794
My Mood:
Re: Night Nursing Addict

My 18 month old still nurses every 2 hours all night long. I have to admit I am looking forward to the time he is ready to quit!
__________________
Psalm 37:5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
heluvsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.