Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-31-2007, 09:08 AM   #11
saongiri
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: s/o what does exclusively bf mean to you?

Thanks guys--it really doesn't "matter" I know that but it has just been bugging me---I know it shouldn't but it did and now I feel better.

Advertisement

Old 12-31-2007, 09:12 AM   #12
Maddie&Jake'sMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Maddie'sMom
seller

My Mood:

Means NO formula, NO solids. EXCLUSIVELY breastmilk, no matter what format its given, bottle, syringe, sippy cup, etc.
Maddie&Jake'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:14 AM   #13
Jenifer
Banned

My Mood:

ebf, is just breastmilk which is FANTASTIC! cup, bottle or boob, its bm and its great that the mama is making the commitment to pump for her lo if that is the case!

clw is totally different and has to do with the weaning and style of nursing involved.. kwim? feeding bm from a bottle isnt clwing, but clwing is very demanding and no one should be knocked for not doing it, its just a different way of doing things! it works for some, its a great accomplishment for the mamas who do it! but its not right for every one and every family!

honestly, who the heck cares, its bm, better than other forms of baby nutrition.. however much bm a baby gets is better than none at all dontcha think?
Jenifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:32 PM   #14
Suzanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yup, I would concider bottes of breastmilk (haha, I just can't call it bm!) is definitly ebfing!
Suzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:22 PM   #15
mom2madison06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't understand how you could even say EBF doesn't mean any BM in a bottle. If it's breastmilk in the bottle, it's exclusively breastfeeding.

All these what does xxx mean to you about BF'ing are getting ridiculous. Okay, you EBF'ed and CLW'ed and never used bottles, and never left your child for the first year; pat yourself on the back and move on. This is all getting a little silly.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:28 PM   #16
saongiri
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2madison06 View Post
I don't understand how you could even say EBF doesn't mean any BM in a bottle. If it's breastmilk in the bottle, it's exclusively breastfeeding.

All these what does xxx mean to you about BF'ing are getting ridiculous. Okay, you EBF'ed and CLW'ed and never used bottles, and never left your child for the first year; pat yourself on the back and move on. This is all getting a little silly.
Sorry mama---I was in no way at all trying to be hurtful or anything---I seriously didn't mean to upset anyone- I was just asking what EBF meant to people- I always thought it included BM in any form too. I mean it seriously if I hurt anyone with my question I'm sorry. It was without a doubt not my intention. As I said we use bottles of milk when I'm away from my baby and I'mfine with it- I just wondered if ebf included use of bottles.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:41 PM   #17
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2madison06 View Post
Good lord .... then dont read them!

Maybe you havent been around here long enough to realize people like asking questions .... people like knowing others opinions. If its going to P*ss you off just skip over it!
Old 12-31-2007, 03:47 PM   #18
shaky_girl
Registered Users

As long as it originally comes from your breast, it's ebf. If you can avoid bottles, that's wonderful, but it's not really practical. As long as what's in it comes from you, you're still ebf.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:48 PM   #19
shaky_girl
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
Yup, I would concider bottes of breastmilk (haha, I just can't call it bm!) is definitly ebfing!
haha I was thinking the same thing.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:08 PM   #20
SubliminalDarkness
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's kind of tricky because depending on the conversation, different words mean different things.
Exclusive breastfeeding, to me, means 100% breastmilk, no formula or other human milk substitutes, no exceptions

But, if someone says, "I breastfeed" that means that they give human milk to their baby only, and to me it doesn't neccessarily have to mean at the breast.
But, if someone says, "I nurse," that means, to me, that they feed their baby at the breast. It does not include someone who pumps exclusively.

It gets kind of complicated, and these discussions seem to come up if there's a nurse out being held or one where they're trying to set a record.
SubliminalDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote