Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2006, 06:15 AM   #1
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:
Natural remedies for AF cramping

All I have against AF cramping is Yogi Moon cycle tea and I have been sipping on that all morning, what else eases cramping? What could I be doing maintanance wise?

I also need to have ideas since Tiffany is coming upon her first cycle and if what I have heard is correct, our daughters periods will be like ours and before I had children my periods were pure hell: unimaginably painful cramping, diarea, head ache, backache, hot and cold flashes, fainting, light headendness, extreme fatigue, nausea, heavy bleeding for 7-9 days, bloating, white palor, shaking.........and that is what I can remember.

I need to know for myself, to make life easier on those days but moreso for her. I feel horrible that my girls will have to go through this! Help us please!

Advertisement

Old 08-10-2006, 06:47 AM   #2
hauser
Registered Users
seller

Re: Natural remedies for AF cramping

that is how mine were before babies!! Still gets bad sometimes. rasberry leaf tea, calcium, and exercise helps
Old 08-10-2006, 07:42 AM   #3
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

Ok, so far I am seeing suggestions of eating a vegetarian diet for 2 weeks before AF, and I couldn't do it LOL

Omega 3's are particularly helpful, oh wait........I will just copy and paste the link. there is just too much info to type here Although I hate their smug "so called natural remedies" and I can literally see them rolling their eyes with a nice mention of the FDA Ugh, but it does have some good, sound information that is making sense to me of why it would work

http://www.umm.edu/patiented/article...s_000100_7.htm

Last edited by keegans_mommy; 08-10-2006 at 07:47 AM.
keegans_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:35 AM   #4
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:

What kind of menstrual product do you use? That can have a huge effect on what cycles are like.

Vitex and Red Raspberry Leaf Tea are supposed to help.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:48 AM   #5
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF
What kind of menstrual product do you use? That can have a huge effect on what cycles are like.

Vitex and Red Raspberry Leaf Tea are supposed to help.
Sea Sponges only.

I have had RRL tea but only at the end of my PG but never heard of vitex, tell me more about that one please.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:19 PM   #6
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:

Vitex is also knows as Chasteberry Tree. It is often used as an alternative to Clomid, but taken regularily can help to relieve pms. It was used by the chinese alot.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:32 PM   #7
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF
Vitex is also knows as Chasteberry Tree. It is often used as an alternative to Clomid, but taken regularily can help to relieve pms. It was used by the chinese alot.
Ah! I have that in the Moon Tea, drank 3 cups this morning and then found info about valerian root to relax the uterus a bit so I took that and about 30 min. later my cramping was almost gone! I will be using that for more than just trying to relax for sleeping at night

Thank you for your help!
Old 08-10-2006, 02:02 PM   #8
OnlyaMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have some herbals here, if you would like you can pm me and I will give you several different recipes for tea, and poutlices to put on your tummy that will help. Just let me know and I will look them up for you!
Old 08-10-2006, 02:37 PM   #9
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyaMommy
I have some herbals here, if you would like you can pm me and I will give you several different recipes for tea, and poutlices to put on your tummy that will help. Just let me know and I will look them up for you!
Oh sure! Anything is wonderful! Would you please post them here so others can use them too?
Old 08-10-2006, 02:49 PM   #10
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:

The vitex is more effective in a tincture form, but tastes horrible.lol