Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2008, 11:14 AM   #31
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

Re: My SIL pumping but not giving milk to baby

UGH! I totally understand your frustration. Actually, as the pumping mom to a nicu preemie right now, it makes me want to cry that she's throwing away such wonderful medicine for that child. I am dealing with MAJOR sleep deprivation, cracked nipples, exhaustion, and emotional stress and I"m waking every 90 minutes at night and all day long to pump for my daughter just to avoid that formula. I am tied to my pump constantly. And the thoought of someone wasting what I am struggling to give to my daughter just makes me so upset. I will never understand people. I mean, pumping isn't exactly a cakewalk when you have no baby around to nurse. Why go to the trouble of pumping if you plan on throwing it away????? I'm not knocking her using formula because hey, whatever she wants to do is her choice. HOWEVER, don't just throw away that wonderful milk! Is she opposed to putting her milk in a bottle????? I dont' get it.

Off to go pump AGAIN!

Advertisement

Old 01-09-2008, 12:26 PM   #32
jabba
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My SIL pumping but not giving milk to baby

Maybe she was just pumping to establish the milk until baby came home.... maybe she doesn't know that much about transporting bm, or doesn't want to... whatever. (No judgment here, especially when somebody has the stress of a LO in the NICU, which I've never had to deal with.)

My question would be... why was she keeping it in the fridge at all?