Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2008, 09:52 AM   #11
SlumberMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nervous questions.....

to you, momma! I spotted with both DC. With DS, I spotted at 6 weeks and then again at 10 weeks. With DD, I started spotting at 6 weeks, which turned into full blown bleeding at lasted until 10 weeks or so. Looking at the u/s, it appeared that the edge of the placenta wasn't laying flat and created a sort of pocket where a blot clot formed and just kept bleeding. According to my ob, it's kind of common.

I know it's hard to bring Maddie with you, but does the u/s room have toys she hasn't seen before? Ours had a whole toy box for siblings. Seamus was Maddie's age when I was preggers w/ Sofia and was able to entertain himself with the new toys long enough for the u/s. Getting him out of the room afterwards was another story....

Good luck and lots and lots of

Advertisement

Yes, I take PP
SlumberMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:04 AM   #12
Maddie&Jake'sMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Maddie'sMom
seller

My Mood:

No, Our OB's office has NO toys or anything like that. That would be great if they did.
Maddie&Jake'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:05 AM   #13
Maddie&Jake'sMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Let me also add that I don't want her there if, in fact, something is wrong. KWIM?
Old 01-02-2008, 10:11 AM   #14
jennsmile
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I understand not telling family. Just say you have something to do and Maddy can't come. You don't have to tell them what the something is. I m/c last spring and we haven't told family yet. I even had to call my dentist today and tell them because of an appointment, and told her that we aren't telling people yet (my parents and SIL both use her.) I hope everything is okay.

Jenn

Fort Hood Mama's check out LLL of Killeen
jennsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:15 AM   #15
Jenifer
Banned

My Mood:

awww hugs mama

i hope everything is alright, and it prob is! dont worry yourself mama, i know its hard.. big hugs to you!

what if someone waited in the waiting room with maddie? like to watch her? i dont know if it helps, but im in delaware, i could meet you there and watch her, or whatever would help mama, im not too far away at all..
Jenifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:21 PM   #16
Maddie&Jake'sMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jen thank you so much for the offer!

I'm going to wait it out until Monday. Honestly, I think I'm worrying for nothing....and also honestly...if I went today or Monday, if something is wrong, they can't do anything to stop it. That's what they told me on the phone as well...but in nicer terms.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:33 PM   #17
ThatLinGirl
Registered Users
seller

Sami, thinking of you and hoping everything is okay. Around 12 weeks w/ Caroline I had some heavy bright red spotting... scared me to death.

Lindsay, mama to Caroline Lois (05/28/06) and scrunchy new Kate (12/31/08)
ThatLinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:35 PM   #18
Jenifer
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie'sMom View Post
Jen thank you so much for the offer!

I'm going to wait it out until Monday. Honestly, I think I'm worrying for nothing....and also honestly...if I went today or Monday, if something is wrong, they can't do anything to stop it. That's what they told me on the phone as well...but in nicer terms.

hugs mama, i think you are okay... i had spotting and red bleeding with samonia, it was some sort of issue with my placenta being low lying, it moved by the time i delivered but i had to take it easy!

if you need anything feel free to pm me, im not too far away (prob 35-45 minutes!) and i will gladly help you out mama
Jenifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:08 PM   #19
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Brown blood is old blood, and usually not a "bad" sign. Could be from anything.

Red blood is more worrysome, but if you're not having clots or heavy cramping, than hopefully it's just early PG bleeding-very normal for a lot of women.

Can DH meet you there and hang out with her in the lobby? Will she sit in her stroller?

tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:15 PM   #20
De-lovely
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I think your spotting sounds normal.....I spotted w/ my first and third like that. Peace and blessings, Sami and CONGRATS!!!! WONDERFUL NEWS!!
Niki: single, divorced, missin' CD's, no vax, no circ, wish I coulda homeschooled, sneaker obsessed, poet, avid reading, meditating, sometimes knitting, music junkie, film enthusiast WOHmama to Emma 11/28/03, Elena 11/28/04, Quinn 4/22/06 and Cora 10/26/07...
De-lovely is offline   Reply With Quote