Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #1
iamhere77
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
placenta previa?:(

i had an ultrasound today and was told i migh have placenta previa i'll know for sure in a couple weeks when i have another u/s. do any mamas have any info on this? i'm kind of afraid to do a lot of research until i'm told for sure that i have it lol

thanks!

Advertisement

Old 01-02-2008, 04:28 PM   #2
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: placenta previa?:(

My placenta is also low. They said they would check it in 4 weeks and that it will most likely move. It also looks like my cord is not centered. They are not concerned. Most times the placenta will move up away from the cervix. I had this with my son's PG too and it moved and I delivered vaginally with no complications.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:50 PM   #3
Mommy/4boys
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy/3boys
seller

My Mood:

I had it with my last 2 pregnancies. It corrected itself by 28 weeks with middle son and 32 weeks with my youngest. I have been told that I will probably have it with any more pregnancies that I may have. Good Luck!
Old 01-02-2008, 08:06 PM   #4
Mom2TJ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had complete placenta previa w/ my second son (the placenta totally covered the cervix). I don't have it this time. When I had it, I went in every six weeks for an ultrasound until it finally moved at 36 weeks. I was told it moves out of the way like 95% of the time.

Worst case scenario, you might not be able to exercise or have sex, and if it doesn't move, you'd need a c-section. However, that's absolute worst case, so I wouldn't worry about it at ALL. I had the no exercise or sex restrictions until I got past like 26 weeks or something. Anyway, I hope you don't have it!
Old 01-03-2008, 07:04 AM   #5
momto2ks
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy/3boys View Post
I had it with my last 2 pregnancies. It corrected itself by 28 weeks with middle son and 32 weeks with my youngest. I have been told that I will probably have it with any more pregnancies that I may have. Good Luck!

That is exactly what happened to me. I know there is potential to have bleeding when you have placenta previa but I never had any problems. My biggest fear was having to have a c-section. But, like pp, mine corrected itself in the nick of time! I am assuming I will probably have it with this pregnancy as well.
Tori : Wife to Kregg (6.14.03) and SAHM to Kyle (3.15.05) , Kolin (1.22.07) , and #3 coming in July '08
momto2ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:14 AM   #6
ZooCrew10
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

if you've had a previous c-section(s) i would ask your doc for a higher resolution u/s to find out where it's attached to rule out placenta increta/accreta---which can lead to complications during birth/hysterectomy.
ZooCrew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:08 AM   #7
IHaveSpirit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had previa with this pregnancy and by my last u/s (a couple of weeks ago) it had moved out of the danger zone. They monitored me every few weeks by u/s. Now if you experience any bleeding or spotting, call you Dr ASAP!

While I had it I was on major restrictions, no sex, no exercise, no lifting, no nothing!
IHaveSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:23 AM   #8
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Don't worry too much yet. Placenta previa is really common in the beginning of pregnancy, and hopefully your cervix will move up and won't cause any more issues.

I've had it in 2 of my PG's, but by my 28 week u/s, it had resolved on its own.
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:26 PM   #9
BabyNick#2
Registered Users
seller

Yes, dont stress yourself out. (like me). I have complete placenta previa, and there hasnt been anything different going on. My doc just told me to try to take it easy, and go in asap if any bleeding occured. I get checked again in less than two weeks to see if it moved, I will be 29.5 weeks, so I am crossing my fingers.

"Only about 10 percent of women who have placenta previa noted on ultrasound at midpregnancy still have it when they deliver their baby. A placenta that completely covers the cervix is more likely to stay that way than one that's bordering it (marginal) or nearby (low-lying)."
BabyNick#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:14 PM   #10
fallome
Registered Users
seller

I also had placenta previa with this pregnancy - first noted at my 19wk u/s. By 30wk it had completely resolved itself. I was also on "pelvic rest" (no sex, working out, etc) while my placenta was so close to my cervix. It wasn't that big of a deal though. I wouldn't worry at all - it will likely resolve itself