Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2008, 05:10 PM   #1
C&EsMom
Registered Users

One sided nurser

My ds is now the second of my babies to start refusing to nurse on my left side at 6 months old. My dd nursed only from the right side starting at 6 months and no amount of coaxing would convince her to do otherwise. I thought it was just her very particular personality... not so.
About 2 months ago, ds started refusing the left side only at night but would nurse on that side during the day. Then 2 weeks ago, he stopped wanting to nurse on that side during the day too. Now, here I am 2 weeks later with one dry boobie and one huge one!
I've always known that my right side is my major producer and has faster letdown. I guess my kiddos just don't have the time to put up with slow service I guess I'm in for many more months of lopsidedness...

Does anyone else nurse from one side only?

Advertisement

Old 01-02-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:
Re: One sided nurser

LOL! I think if I had an option and only one baby they would choose my larger, faster let-down, more producing right side boob. My left side puts out next to nothing and always has but Lola seems content with that for her boobie.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:48 PM   #3
Sarahb44
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Me me me!! I am. DD refuses the right one...slow one. And she never loved, but man had I known about 5-6mo ago that she'd completely refuse it I could have saved myself lots and lots of tears and pain with my 14bouts of clogged duct! Ah, well. I am not thrilled about being lopsided, but it is nice to just KNOW which side instead of thinking or feeling myself all the time

Sarahb44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:05 PM   #4
bcmommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

My LO refused one side, but it had nothing to do with milk supply. She had a strained neck (from birth). So, cross cradle on one side and football hold on the other did the trick until the massaging/chiropractor fixed the problem. Likely not relavent to you, but may be to a mama looking at this thread.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:28 PM   #5
kalynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 1st child only wanted my right(fuller boob) but if I laid down and nurse (w/ her flat and my arm under my head) she would nurse on my left side.

My DS seems to want the left most.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:40 AM   #6
Griffinsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

interesting- my right side is the big producer too! I have been able to equalize them to be closer be feeding more often with the left but it's always a struggle. Ds still uses both though.
Griffinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote