Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-04-2008, 09:46 AM   #11
Its a Mindi thing... you wouldn't understand
My Mood:
Re: deer (or venison) recipies

That is actually what I have planned for tonight Burger is just so boring LOL

Mindi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:57 AM   #12
Registered Users
Formerly: Nikk25_3
My Mood:

I love deer meat!! My favorite way to cook the steaks is to 1st soak in some apple cider vinager, then I use marsala cooking wine (has to be a good brand), 1 can of chicken stalk, shallots, fresh garlic, EVOO, flour,Terrigone, baby bella mushrooms, and a bit of salt and pepper.

1st. You fry the steaks in the EVOO with a LIGHT layer of flour. Just until its lightly browned. Then add the cooking wine, and shallots. Let that simmer for a few minutes. Then add the rest of the ingredents and let cook until the meat is done.

Originally Posted by MissMindi View Post
Any recipes for burger? FIL got 2 deer and made all of it into burger except for 2 rolls of bologna and I have the burger all stuffed in my freezer and no clue what to do with it all

I love love love to make tacos with the ground deer. You can also use it in chili, sketti, hamberger helper ect...

I usually don't like to use it to make burgers with because it falls apart. So you have to add things to it like bread crums... I've made meat balls with it before too.. They turned out well, but still I had to add the bread to it.

Nikkis_Little_Ladies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:22 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

I have you heard of spedies? You cut up the meat in tiny pieces then marinate then in any thing that you want. Cook and put them on a bun. They are really good. I also thought you could roll the steak up to look like a roast, tie up, and cook in the crock pot.
upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:41 AM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

we pretty much use it for everything. we pan fry it in veg oil. we tenderize it till its thin, then flour and fry.

i just sub it for hamburger or beef or pork.
Tiana wife to Justin since MAY 1999 fully vaxing, solo- sleeping, bwing, public school sending,stay at home mom to Joclyn(12/02) , Juliana(8/04) , and Morgen(9/06)
my new blog
tjcjlc99 is offline   Reply With Quote