Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2006, 03:08 PM   #1
amandaleigh37
Registered Users
seller

Where to order from

I'm a newbie and I started my stash by purchasing quite a few dipes to try from mamas on here... I have been having a lot of fun getting them in the mail.

I also placed an order a week ago for other things I needed, from an online store. It looked legitimate enough and their prices were pretty good and cheap flat rate shipping. So I ordered over $100 worth of stuff - prefolds, covers, wipes, wetbag, snappis, etc. I got an automated order confirmation but nothing saying it shipped. I've emailed twice to check on the status and have not got any emails back. The website says orders will ship within 48 hours. So I have been patiently waiting. Then today I saw on diaperpin that this place has horrible reviews and the most recent one was a customer who ordered in JUNE and as of 7/30 still had not received their order. No one will answer their phone calls or emails.

So now I am afraid of dealing with a mess like that. I want to cancel my order and order from somewhere else. I don't think my credit card has been charged yet (I just checked my statement online), so how would I do this? Should I just send an email saying I want to cancel, or contact my credit card to put a stop on it?

And my next question: Where do you order from that is good to deal with and has good prices on prefolds?

Thanks in advance for your help. I don't want to mention where I ordered from because it HAS only been a week so there's a chance it's not a problem yet, but still.... I didn't know if anyone else had a similar problem or had any suggestions. Or am I being too impatient... =/ But I would at least think they could email me back by now and let me know the status. I just don't want to get ripped off!

Thanks!

Advertisement

amandaleigh37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:35 PM   #2
sheandaru
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Where to order from

I totally understand your concern! I wouldn't want to do business with anyone who doesn't respond quickly to your order.

Are you looking to buy all your items from one place?

There are a lot of places that hold co-ops for prefolds & plenty of WAHMs who make wetbags & covers.

sheandaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:50 PM   #3
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

Are you just looking for prefolds and covers? Let us know what you are looking for...

My favorite place for pockets and things like that is www.nickisdiapers.com She has free shipping on pockets and covers, as well as free inserts.

I bought my prefolds from www.granolababies.net She was awesome! Shipped super fast, and the price was right.

Just let us know, we can help you find what you are looking for.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:34 PM   #4
amandaleigh37
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, mostly prefolds & covers and a few accessories.. I will check out the places you guys suggested - thank you!

And to update, i tried calling the phone # listed on the website and it is out of service. I sent another email saying I wanted my order cancelled and I called my credit card too, who said I can dispute it if/when the charge goes through. Very diappointing =(
amandaleigh37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:01 PM   #5
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Another awesome place to look for pfs and covers is
www.little-lions.com
Gina has great prices and awesome customer service. She helped me pick out the package that was best for us and was always available for questions.
I got a package of regular pfs,5 covers,3 snappis,6 liners for $75 which included shipping. I'm not sure why but her pfs seem much more absorbant then other regular pfs
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:26 PM   #6
Menfusse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I second nicki'sdiapers! She is great, and has super fast shipping!
Old 08-10-2006, 06:40 PM   #7
Hillbilly Bunny
Registered Users

My Mood:

http://www.cottontailbaby.com/

http://www.diaperware.com/index.html

Both ship out super fast like the next day
Old 08-10-2006, 06:51 PM   #8
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

www.abbyslane.com
Steph rocks. Ive been buying from her a lot lately
Old 08-10-2006, 07:46 PM   #9
tasbaby
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've had wonderful experiences everytime I ordered from www.babycottonbottoms.com. Very fast, good prices, no problems.

Tina
tasbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:02 PM   #10
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

I have bought all my CD supplies from Cottonmamma.com she has good prices, almost always a sale on something, quick service, lots of payment options. She has feedback on DS, diaperpin, GranolaChicks.com and some others that I am not sure of. I would 100% recommend her for anything you need. She will even do layaway if you need to pay a little at a time. Awesome mamma. She also has a forum connected to her site. Check her out as well.
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote