Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2008, 10:26 PM   #11
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Prenatal massage...

My friend had to do a few prenatals for her training certification so I got one for free with my 3rd pregnancy and it was very nice, not quite as deep as I would have liked but I did get to lay down and relax, it was very relaxing. Definitely complain that is not a prenatal massage that is the 10 min office massage.

Advertisement

Old 01-03-2008, 10:37 PM   #12
kochanyk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've gone a lot- a few different places (BTW- if you find a massage school they're about 1/2 price!). I always find it *okay* but I lay there and worry about dumb stuff like what to tip lol. I'm SO SORE the next day no matter how much I drink! I even went on my EDD w/DS1! I didn't get a belly cut out table, just lots of pillows.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:07 AM   #13
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

It depends on who you get. If you go to a message therapist it is going to be better b/c they are trained in that. Spa's usually hire woment that have gone through an aestetics program and they cover many different things and it isn't as great as training. My grandma's friend was in charge of teaching one and always told me to avoid messages from these people, they are better w/ facials and pedicures b/c they just don't have the same training. Sorry your experience wasn't great- I'd ask for a refund or exchange it for a pedicure or something.
mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:10 AM   #14
zazibaby
Registered Users
Formerly: sadoucir
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaddon View Post
It depends on who you get. If you go to a message therapist it is going to be better b/c they are trained in that. Spa's usually hire woment that have gone through an aestetics program and they cover many different things and it isn't as great as training. My grandma's friend was in charge of teaching one and always told me to avoid messages from these people, they are better w/ facials and pedicures b/c they just don't have the same training. Sorry your experience wasn't great- I'd ask for a refund or exchange it for a pedicure or something.
this is actually state by state. i worked in MO, and you couldn't be hired unless you were state and nationally certified as a massage therapist. some states don't require any training though.

i would say if they use an office chair and not even a massage chair then it's not a place i would want to go to for a massage, prenatal or otherwise. it sounds VERY unprofessional. you may look into your state's legislations and find out if this place is even legit.
zazibaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:25 AM   #15
Auravik
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
I'm going to call the spa tomorrow and complain that they either stop advertising prenatal massage, or they actually start providing them.

I was told to straddle an office chair, and the masseuse rubbed my shoulders for 30 minutes. No head/shoulder support, and he didn't go lower than mid-back...I don't know about anyone else, but it's my LOWER back that hurts during pregnancy!!!! And, sorry, but my DH can rub my shoulders while I straddle an office chair, and it doesn't cost 30 euro!!
WTH? I wouldn't just tell them to stop advertising prenatal massage, I'd demand my money back too! That is NOT worth 30 euro, or even 30 cents!
Old 01-04-2008, 10:42 AM   #16
Amberjoe_1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

did you call them?

See what's new @ Monster Fluff Studio's Blog
Amberjoe_1 is offline   Reply With Quote