Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2008, 08:30 AM   #1
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Todays Prenatal Appt

It was fun. I had the midwife who delivered Jake 11 years ago. She was excited to be delivering this baby as well. She asked all about him and how he was taking the baby news. I told her how excited he was. She says he will be a great big brother and at his age I will have it easy. She said he will end up being like another parent rather than a sibling. He will not be bothered like a younger child would about crying and normal baby behavior. That was good to know. She said at his age he knows that teh baby is our responsibility and so he will be more of a helper and allow us to tend to Rory w/o the jealousy issues many 2nd time parent face when they have little ones.

The top of my uterus is right under my quickly disappearing belly button and right on track. Rory's heart beat is 154 bpm. She told me that my low lying placenta and off center cord insertion is no big deal and will not impede a natural birth. She said only when it is full previa does is mean C-sec and complications. Low lying usualy moves and even if it does not, it makes no difference. So all in all, everything is perfect. I had fun as she was very interested in Rory's name and what we have and our parenting plans. It made me feel like we are getting close. I am 154 lbs now I feel like a cow still though...LOL!! I will go in at 26 weeks for my GD test. They are asking me to do the drink and not food challange, as I am at very high risk with PCOS and advanced age for GD. Really, if GD is the only thing I have to suffer through this PG, so be it. It cannot be any worse than all the tests, procedures, and losses I had prior to this PG.

Advertisement

l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:48 AM   #2
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Todays Prenatal Appt

Glad you had a great visit. Our ds was 11 when dd Sarah was born-(not planned that way-thanks to undiagnosed PCOS and resulting infertility and 1 m/c)It was great-he is a great big brother ,helpful and dd adores him!

Now I think he's embarrassed at 13 when we talk of adding to our family(God willing and w/ the help of oing rxs!)
Old 01-03-2008, 09:32 AM   #3
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Congratulations Kimmie on a great appointment! I am glad that things are going so well for you during this pregnancy!

Congratulations on your little boy! We are both having little boys around the exact same time! I am 19 weeks and 1 day I think?

Glad to see you back and posting! I missed ya!
Old 01-03-2008, 02:41 PM   #4
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

McMamma - I too had undiagnosed PCOS...LOL!! We had to have 5 losses before they figured it out. I am so glad that your DS is such a great big brother!! I know Jake will be too. He is so funny about it. I can see him next time we get PG...he will be like...ok...stop...LOL!!

I cannot beleive we are having boys at the same time!! It is awesome. I am glad to be back!!! I missed everyone so much!
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:12 PM   #5
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmie_n_angus View Post
McMamma - I too had undiagnosed PCOS...LOL!! We had to have 5 losses before they figured it out. I am so glad that your DS is such a great big brother!! I know Jake will be too. He is so funny about it. I can see him next time we get PG...he will be like...ok...stop...LOL!!

I cannot beleive we are having boys at the same time!! It is awesome. I am glad to be back!!! I missed everyone so much!
i KNOW you are refering to Kaydee-lol,but I'd love to have a boy too!!
No not partial really-just a healthy LO.