Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2008, 01:28 PM   #1
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Good Grief.. I don;t know rather to laugh or cry about this!

I had an appointment set up w/ the OB GYN I have seen in the past.He knows my past history with home births and that I am not a "by the book" kinda woman.

I called the office to try to see if he would see me with this pregnancy and they won't let me talk to him. They gave me a nurse and I explained to her that I was calling because I did not want to waste the doctors time (or mine!) if he was going to require me to do everything by the book.I did tell her that in the past he had let me opt out of certain things as long as I signed something saying he recommended them and I refused them..

I told her I wanted to pass on the glucose test and probably wouldn't want any internal exams unless he really just wanted to do one later on (at like 36 weeks) I don't like them and they make me cramp and seeing as how it is my 4th baby I didn't see how it was really something that would be needed.She then told me that they HAD to check internally and how would I know if I was dialating later on if they didn't. I told her I was capable of checking myself for dialation if I thought it was needed. She got quite and then said

"Compliancy is the best way to ensure a healthy,safe pregnancy"

I didn't even know how to respond!!!

I really,really want to see this doctor but if the nurse is acting like this do you think it is even worth me going in to try to talk to the doctor?

This is all so maddening I don't know rather to laugh or cry

Advertisement

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:31 PM   #2
Pam221
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Good Grief.. I don;t know rather to laugh or cry about this!

Ask if you can set up an interveiw with the dr , I know alot of people do that to meet a dr before they decide to deliver with them or not .
Pam221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:31 PM   #3
JeanieNGmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i have learned its a diffrent experiance talking with a dr than with the nurse. i would say it cant hurt to set up a appt to see this dr just to see if he would work with what you expect, the worst that can happen is a wasted trip i know that can be a pain in the bum i have had a few of those but im sure the dr will have a diffrent attitude tward your views than the nurse.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:33 PM   #4
shutterbugmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know if I would want to work with that office.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:39 PM   #5
hippydippymama
Registered Users
seller

YOWZA.

Shoulda been, "Compliancy is the best way for us to domineer over you and tell you everything we think you should do for this pregnancy."

Um, how about NO THANKS. That freakin' puts a chill in my bones. Seriously.
hippydippymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:08 PM   #6
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippydippymama View Post
YOWZA.

Shoulda been, "Compliancy is the best way for us to domineer over you and tell you everything we think you should do for this pregnancy."

Um, how about NO THANKS. That freakin' puts a chill in my bones. Seriously.
Yeah,it did me too!! I mean compliancy ..isn't that like blindly following and doing what you are told without thought

Old 01-03-2008, 03:49 PM   #7
maryjane
Registered Users

Talk to an office manager instead of a nurse and ask to speak to the dr. My ob's nurses are like that too. She pitched a fit during my twin pregnancy because I refused an HIV test. She handed me the consent form and I wouldn't sign it and then she said it was required. I told her if it was required then there wouldn't be a need for a consent form for it. She got very huffy with me. She wrote in big red letters on a sticky note REFUSED HIV and stuck it on the front of my chart. My ob laughed out loud when he saw it. My ped's nurses are the same way with vax. If I refuse one they get all "you have to, it's required" and I just say no and they go vent to the ped and he laughs at them. I guess they are trained to be that way. I have the coolest ob though. Assisted home births are illegal in my state. We originally planned an unassisted homebirth with my last pregnancy but I wanted ob prenatal care. My ob was totally supportive of my choice to homebirth. BUt then we were pregnant with breech twins and the homebirth idea went out the door. GL finding an ob who will support your choices and stick with you.
maryjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:50 PM   #8
indysteffanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

im pretty sure it says in huge red letters all over my chart "noncompliant"

but you know, this is baby number 5...i have an idea of what is going on, and im high risk at that...so i dont hesitate to question and get 2nd opinions if i feel needed...

hope you get it figured out

Steffanie: momma to Brennan(13) Dillon (7) with cf , Ashlyn (6) , TJ (4) and Anderson(1) , born at 29 weeks
indysteffanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:05 PM   #9
DivineNature
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjane View Post
Talk to an office manager instead of a nurse and ask to speak to the dr. My ob's nurses are like that too. She pitched a fit during my twin pregnancy because I refused an HIV test. She handed me the consent form and I wouldn't sign it and then she said it was required. I told her if it was required then there wouldn't be a need for a consent form for it. She got very huffy with me. She wrote in big red letters on a sticky note REFUSED HIV and stuck it on the front of my chart. My ob laughed out loud when he saw it. My ped's nurses are the same way with vax. If I refuse one they get all "you have to, it's required" and I just say no and they go vent to the ped and he laughs at them. I guess they are trained to be that way. I have the coolest ob though. Assisted home births are illegal in my state. We originally planned an unassisted homebirth with my last pregnancy but I wanted ob prenatal care. My ob was totally supportive of my choice to homebirth. BUt then we were pregnant with breech twins and the homebirth idea went out the door. GL finding an ob who will support your choices and stick with you.
I agree with this. Our family dr is great and fully supportive of no vaxing. However, the old office he was in, we had nurses or other ppl give us grief. Just make sure you talk to the dr and see his/her feelings about it.
You haven't joined SWAGBUCKS yet? JOIN NOW & earn prizes!
DivineNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:01 PM   #10
~happy2Bamommy~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks ladies!!! I know in the past this doctor seemed very open to my thoughts and non-compliancy

I am going to keep the appointment and if HE says he won't see me I'll go from there....