Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2008, 07:14 PM   #11
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:
Re: Good Grief.. I don;t know rather to laugh or cry about this!

Oh man... i would have said "That's what the Nazi's said to the Jews during WWII and look where that landed them. Wanna try for door number two?" The hairs on the back of my neck go up when I hear "compliancy" used in a manner like the nurse used it and I sure as hell am NOT one for easy compliancy, especially if I don't think it's right.

I really hope the doc works with you mama. While I respect nurses and the profession they've chosen... I'd like to strangle some of them.

Advertisement

Old 01-03-2008, 07:16 PM   #12
janstar11
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

that sounds like a plan. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I read what the nurse said, I think my jaw hit the floor though! Compliancy, used like that is a little scary to say the least.

I ended up with my M/W practice not only because I didn't want to go the OB route, but the OB that I did see once (he was recommended to be by a close friend- delivered her baby- and I had him remove my IUD) he personally was OK but his staff was from he!!. I had bloodwork run through their office when we were TTC and the receptionist, not even a nurse, told me I was probably going through early menopause. At age 35. Please. So I went a different route and am very glad I did. He did happen to be the backup doc for my midwives, which I didn't know, so I ended up interacting with him later on in the pregnancy. Specifically when I went into pre-term labor at 33 weeks and he said, aw, just let her have the baby, it'll be fine. My midwives fought tooth & nail to get me into the hospital to stop the labor, and I ended up delivering on my due date. Had I stuck with him I'd have had a preemie. anyhoo....

If you really like this doc though, I hope it works out. The staff is not always a reflection on the doc himself. Plus you can always tell her, Compliance with patients' wishes is the best way to keep your job!

Last edited by janstar11; 01-03-2008 at 07:17 PM.
janstar11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:27 PM   #13
Deanner03
"Life's tough. Get a helmet."
seller

My Mood:

You have the RIGHT to REFUSE any service you don't want to have. They are a SERVICE...they are there to SERVE your needs, not the other way around. I'm a gyn nurse (a nice one, we are out there btw!), and I'm the "live and let live" one. I'm actually the one the PA/NP/MD's ASK about alternative therapies (GV, TTO, things like that!)
Don't let anyone give you any crap!
Old 01-03-2008, 08:54 PM   #14
jayell79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Why does it seem like so many nurses are like that? My OBGYN's nurse and assistants are that way too, but the Doctor is on a completely different page. When they found out I wasn't taking prenatal vitamins they threw a fit! Then I told the Dr. and he laughed about it. It seems like the nurses think they run the show. Now that I know the truth, I'm really not bothered by them. In one ear, and out the other! I'm only interested in what the doctor says.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:42 AM   #15
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by janstar11 View Post
Compliance with patients' wishes is the best way to keep your job!
I read this and laughed out loud and made the baby jump

I am going to keep the appointment and hoping the doctor is understanding... I *KNOW* he let me opt out of the sugar test with my son and a few other things and the nurse yesterday was saying they don't do that

I want to see him along with my midwife just in case I end up having to transport to the hospital~ I just want to be picky about what they do and don't do! It's my 4th baby and w/ my son I was so torn the whole last trimester about knowing what I wanted but not able to really say "listen..this is what I want..this is what I don't"

I actually cried after one appointment when the doctor (not the one I want to see this time but one I HAD to see at the same office) tried to scare me into letting them induce me and not use the midwives since my son was "An elephant in size,running out of fluid and had passed mecconium" (sp?)
My midwives told me to just wait..that there was LOTS of fluid,I have a nice roomy pelvis and that there are worse things than your baby poop'ing inside you. I am glad I waited!! While he was big I had tons of fluid and he hadn't poop'ed

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:44 AM   #16
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdartwife View Post
Oh man... i would have said "That's what the Nazi's said to the Jews during WWII and look where that landed them. Wanna try for door number two?" The hairs on the back of my neck go up when I hear "compliancy" used in a manner like the nurse used it and I sure as hell am NOT one for easy compliancy, especially if I don't think it's right.

I really hope the doc works with you mama. While I respect nurses and the profession they've chosen... I'd like to strangle some of them.

Yup, It really struck me wrong too~ I was thinking about it a lot last night and just the way she said it and I actually feel so sorry for the woman that would buy that crap and blindly play follow the leader...

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote