Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2006, 08:09 PM   #11
anna.worley
Banned

Re: + TEST ...But I've had a tubal!!!

the test was what a lot of lab use, econorapid I think. Don't forget I had a positive at the dr's office too! I've had four kids and assorted M/C's, this was no evap. line, just a faint but still pink +

Advertisement

anna.worley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:28 PM   #12
SoftBumBaby
Registered Users

Okay. The fact that it had color (as opposed to being gray, shadowy or "silver"-ish) would tend to favor it being a true positive.

Also, being a lab test is in your favor, because the lab tests are generally LESS sensitive than the shelf tests. That's because doctors don't want to go crazy with additional tests, such as HcG counts and initial pregnancy blood-draws, unless the pregnancy is more of a "sure thing," so they want to only see if you have a fair amount of HcG building up in there.

I don't know you but I am excited on your behalf. Good luck.

Autism Every Day
SoftBumBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:41 AM   #13
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

sounds like a pos to me! congrats, i hope it is a miracle baby!
i'm going to share a wonderful story with you, a friend of my moms had her tubes tied after her last daughter was born, they gave up on getting there son, soon after the last daughter the wpoman got Pg again and was really upset, she paid a bundle for this procedure, the dr was nervous cause they can get sued for things like this happening here in california, well, she went through her pregnancy and had her SON!
she thanked the dr, so to me, if the family is meant to multiply again, that baby will come.. goodluck and i hope your baby sticks and all is fine and healthy
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:31 AM   #14
www.ClothDecisions.com
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I had a tubal when our ONLY CHILD was just 6 weeks old and have cried about it every day. Count your blessings and hold them close. Our children are a wonderful gift to cherish! Congrats on this miracle (#5?)
www.ClothDecisions.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:59 AM   #15
anna.worley
Banned

Thanks mamas, this gives me hope. I too have cried about getting the tubal. I felt pressure by friends and family to get it. Because they felt 4 was enough. I felt like financially 4 was enough as well at the time. But money isn't everything. And it's not like I'm in competition with the Duggars, God bless 'em. I just feel like I would just feel in my heart when enough was enough. Not that I am not satisfied now or anything. Even if the blood turns out to be - I know I am still so incredibly blessed. I get compliments all the time on how beautiful my children are. I always say you should see them on the inside!
Also someone told me that an LH surge could produce a false +. Any ideas on that?
Old 08-11-2006, 08:40 AM   #16
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

Wow!! Congrats! I am praying the best for you. What does hubby think? This will definitly be a special baby!! Miracles do happen! I also agree with Sally I think said this, No matter what we do if there was a baby meant to be, that baby will get here!! Prayers & hugs!!

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:44 AM   #17
anna.worley
Banned

Wink Re: + TEST ...But I've had a tubal!!!

Hubby just shrugged his shoulders. It ain't over 'till the fat lady screams! He thinks it's just a fluke and there is no baby. He's never been wrong before so here's hoping I can say 'I told you so'!
Old 08-11-2006, 08:53 AM   #18
momto4monkeys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, I had a tubal after #4 i was crying when they were rolling me out of the operation because I did it. I secretly hope that we accidently get prenant even thought I had the tubal. Keep us all [posted on the results. Tammy
Old 08-11-2006, 04:41 PM   #19
anna.worley
Banned

Well I got the blood test back today. The office took pity on me and called on the day they are closed. It's +!!!! OMG! I can't believe it! So now doc says it is a hurry up and wait game. I go back monday to have blood drawn again to see what the HCG levels are doing. They are 110 right now. So please keep non-tubal, doubling HCG prayers coming my way! Hubby is still on the river!
Old 08-11-2006, 04:47 PM   #20
SoftBumBaby
Registered Users

OMG, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder how common this is? I had a tubal ligation with my DS 2 months ago. Kinda scares me.

But I know you wanted a baby, so...congrats!

Autism Every Day
SoftBumBaby is offline   Reply With Quote