Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2008, 12:13 AM   #1
Dire Wolf
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
A perfect moment...

Have you ever had that moment where dd/ds looks at you while nursing and you can feel everything sort of fall into place? A smile crawls across their face and you suddenly feel this wave of pure, awesome, endless love just wash over you and your heart beats a little quicker. And the thought, "This what perfection fells like." rolls aross your mind like sunshine on a hill at dawn...

Ok, so maybe it's just the endorphines talking, but bfing is one of the greatest joys I have found in my mothering career. What about you? How does bfing leave you feeling? Honestly...

Advertisement

Wife to Karl, mother in our blended home.
Ask me about the Grossman Burn Center in Sherman Oaks.
Dire Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:48 AM   #2
Trin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: A perfect moment...

oh for sure! I just love when she is nursing and looks up at me and gives that adorable little smile.
Trin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:06 AM   #3
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:

I know exactly what moments you are talking about. Mine is when DD is nursing, smiles, looks up at me and says "yous boobies makes me happy" and relatches. It always give me a great big warm fuzzy feeling. Sometimes if someone asks her what makes her happy she will tell them "mommies boobies", it is such a good feeling
Old 01-04-2008, 04:14 AM   #4
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep, I loved breastfeeding! I had to supplement because he was in the NICU for so long, and I could not for the life of me get that much milk when I pumped. So during the night when the nurses took care of him, they would feed whatever I pumped, and then formula.

Those times that I was breastfeeding really brought me closer to DS though. I think I would have had a much harder time bonding with him if I had not breastfed him. When he was younger and breastfed it was kinda like we were the only two people in the world, ya know? Just that calm, secure feeling... Of course when he got older it was a little more hectic, him wanting to run around, biting, etc, but still rewarding! Horray for breastfeeding!
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:35 AM   #5
HollyS
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love how peaceful she looks. I love watching her nurse and seeing the connection between us.
Mommy to DD (11), DS (8), DD (6), DD (3), and #5 due 2/14
HollyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:44 AM   #6
mama2cody
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yup! Yesterday we were in the car and he was crying a very sad cry, so I *had* to find a place to pull over and nurse him, he was breaking my heart. I pulled over and he was done crying, but I put him to nurse anyway and he did, then looked at me with his huge eyes, and smiled, like telling me "Hey I didn't need this, but thanks! I love it anyway!" My heart just melted.

And the other night he was nursing and humming lol. That was the funniest thing. When he noticed I was watching him and chuckling he stopped and smiled at me.
mama2cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:37 AM   #7
lisad1
Registered Users

You're so right! I hope bfing always feels this good for both of us. After reading your post, I can't wait for dd to wake up and eat!!
She just started doing the looking up to smile at me thing recently too!
lisad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:47 AM   #8
shmer24

Wow, I am so happy for everyone here. BF has been the absolute worst thing I have ever been a part of...complication after complication. I would rather go through birth a thousand times...sad isn't it? I wish it wasn't like that- I hope next time I have a story like your, congrats on doing so well mama
Old 01-04-2008, 12:15 PM   #9
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Breastfeeding is amazing! I know just what you mean! Its so beautiful seeing my DDs little face so happy while nursing! And I cherish the 3 1/2years I got to nurse DS!

Old 01-04-2008, 12:18 PM   #10
shutterbugmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Awww...

Or whenthey pop off and smile with a little milk dribble from the corner of their mouth--makes me all woozy.