Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-29-2008, 12:21 PM   #111
sjscnjs
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: July babies!

on the machines it usually lists what is high, ect. u can also find the info on the internet. if u need help finding it pm me and i will show u where to look

i have preeclamsia with dd#1, so i know what a worry it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnegansMom View Post
I can, I think the walmart near us has one. I'm not sure what they would consider high enough to be a bother, my first visit was high, my second (and last) was OK. I've just been getting these bizarre - tingly/dizzy/headache feelings, like it feels like someone has just shaken my head really hard. It reminds me of when I had REALLY high blood pressure at the end of my last pregnancy - and that I've gained 10 pounds this month without eating any more than usual, honestly, makes me slightly nervous.

I think my next appt is the end of march or beginning of April... So I'm going to have to wait it out. It's frustrating because this is one of the best OBGYN offices around. So many people go here, they are bigger, etc. I don't even think my next appt is even with the Dr, every other one is with the nurse...

I'm going to look into midwives - not sure how easy it will be to switch more than halfway through - we can see!

Advertisement

120***110****100****90****80****70****60*** *50****40****30****20****10****pounds to go!
sjscnjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:27 PM   #112
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

That's crazy! My doc was out of the office for one of my visits and they were so accomodating. They gave me the option of coming back (anytime I wanted, including first thing before they actually opened), seeing another doc or seeing a nurse. Your office should've done something, anything. I'd be ticked off too!

As for how many visits. I seen the nurse at 9 weeks, my doc at 11, 15, 19 and my next visit at 23 (next week). I see the doc every 4 weeks (until 30 then it's every 2 weeks until 36 weeks then weekly until birth) and the nurse if there is any bloodwork, testing or hb checks in between.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:40 PM   #113
kai_e
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We found out yesterday that we are having a boy! My DH is already talking about how many baseball and football games they will go to. I don't think I'll have enough energy to keep up with the two of them.

For the # of visits question - I am 19 w 5 d and have seen my OB at 7 wks, 9wks, 12 wks, 17 wks and just yesterday, 19 wks. I always see my OB, the nurse just does the vitals (BP/weight).

My sister in law did not have a great birth experience with the office - she had hyperemesis caused by a thyroid issue that got worse with pregnancy and felt that they didn't do enough for her, but I have been seeing them for about 4 1/2 yrs and they were so kind and patient with me through my infertility.

They also have two midwives on staff, a male and female, and my favorite one has agreed to be there when I deliver no matter if he is on call or not.

To Finns Mom - being in healthcare myself, I learned that the major thing with ALL healthcare, but esp when you are pregnant, is that you have to speak up and be your own advocate. I sat down at 9 wks and let the OB and MW know what my expectations were for my pre-natal care. Even though I was soooo nervous, it was the best thing ever. After my 1st U/S where the no one informed me I needed to have a full bladder (none of the paperwork stated it either), I had a talk with the office manager as well.

Hopefully you can do something similar, but don't be afraid to switch, it is your body and your baby and you DESERVE to feel safe and comfortable with the people that are treating you.
kai_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:18 PM   #114
sandylou
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am due with a boy around July 26! We just found out today it's a boy and we are very excited!
sandylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:39 PM   #115
Merrilee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I find out on March 14th, two more weeks!!! I'm so excited. I could find out a little sooner, but we decided to do it on DH's birthday, and make it extra special. He hasn't felt too connected yet, since he hasn't been able to feel the baby move or anything. I hope that helps

I'd be happy with a boy or a girl. I've always wanted a girl, but now I want a boy! As long as its healthy, right?
Old 02-29-2008, 09:34 PM   #116
Amberjoe_1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmm looks like a lot of boys for july. I'm hoping for another boy, but I definitely wouldn't mind a girl... I told DH we'll go broke if we have a girl..all the girly clothes and diapers are just so cute!
I haven't felt the baby too much here.. I think I am expecting those big kicks and pokes like right at the end there with DS. Anyone else find this to be true? I'm about 20 1/2 weeks. How far before you can feel the baby on the outside? I can't even remember with DS.

See what's new @ Monster Fluff Studio's Blog
Amberjoe_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:58 PM   #117
wiredpsyche
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first is due on the 15th.
wiredpsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:05 AM   #118
FinnegansMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowingUpMad View Post
That's crazy! My doc was out of the office for one of my visits and they were so accomodating. They gave me the option of coming back (anytime I wanted, including first thing before they actually opened), seeing another doc or seeing a nurse. Your office should've done something, anything. I'd be ticked off too!

As for how many visits. I seen the nurse at 9 weeks, my doc at 11, 15, 19 and my next visit at 23 (next week). I see the doc every 4 weeks (until 30 then it's every 2 weeks until 36 weeks then weekly until birth) and the nurse if there is any bloodwork, testing or hb checks in between.
You would think they would be accomodating, right? I mean I drove 30 minutes, in the freezing cold, with my 16 month old son, leaving work, and they can't see me. The receptionist made it seem like I had just walked in off the street... Sorry, we can't SQUEEZE you in today. Maybe in a week or two. WHAT? I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT! Ugh, they haven't called or anything. RUDE.
It's a moot point now, I've made an appt with a midwife and I'm getting my records transferred today. I'm sure my Dr's office will be mad but what can I do? I think I deserve to be seen more than 5 minutes once every 2 months.... right?

On a different note, my stomach has grown 10 inches in a week. I look HUGE now.... I don't know what happened....
Old 03-03-2008, 09:12 AM   #119
Shyla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
You would think they would be accomodating, right? I mean I drove 30 minutes, in the freezing cold, with my 16 month old son, leaving work, and they can't see me. The receptionist made it seem like I had just walked in off the street... Sorry, we can't SQUEEZE you in today. Maybe in a week or two. WHAT? I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT! Ugh, they haven't called or anything. RUDE.
It's a moot point now, I've made an appt with a midwife and I'm getting my records transferred today. I'm sure my Dr's office will be mad but what can I do? I think I deserve to be seen more than 5 minutes once every 2 months.... right?

On a different note, my stomach has grown 10 inches in a week. I look HUGE now.... I don't know what happened....
Yeah that would really piss me off (being treated like that) Im so glad you were able to change care. I hope you will love your midwife and get the care you deserve

Im finally starting to get huge now too I had to go and get maternity outfits
ISO GMS & Wool:
Shyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:19 AM   #120
kaylismama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

SOO glad to hear you will be getting care sooner rather than later...high blood pressure is scary anytime, but especially when pregnant! As far as what is considered "high" it really depends on what your baseline bp is! If you want to chat about that feel free to PM me! Take Care! Hope you LOVE your midwife!