View Poll Results: Has pregnancy changed your food choices completely?{Read post first please}
Yes. I was a meat eater and now I only eat veggies. 3 6.98%
Yes, I was a vegetarian, but now I eat meat. 1 2.33%
Yes it has changed, but not drastically 13 30.23%
No, I eat exactly the same way I always have 13 30.23%
Yes it has changed, but I was put on a diet by my dr. or dietician. 2 4.65%
Yes, it has changed but I am the one that changed my eating habits for pregnancy. 11 25.58%
Other. Please Explain 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2008, 05:08 PM   #11
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Has pregnancy changed your food choices completely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinhomewithmy3 View Post
I always have been (well, for 14 yrs now) and always will be a vegetarian, pregnancy won't ever change that for me.
BUT, I have a friend who was a vegetarian for 10 yrs and then with her first pregnancy, she became a meat eater! She said she just craved meatloaf and couldn't help it!
I never.. I mean NEVER thought I wouldn't eat meat, but I just can't stand to look at it, think about it, or even smell it. Dh took me to my favorite steak house early on in this pregnancy and I got severely sick and made us leave. I only smelled 'dead animal" and I was in tears I was so hungry.
Now I don't feel hungry, but I can't even eat shrimp or fish. I mean..NO meat! That is just strange to me I guess.

Advertisement

Old 01-04-2008, 05:54 PM   #12
TieNappyQueen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Was a veggie, now I eat meat, when I get back to normal it is back to the veggies
Old 01-04-2008, 06:03 PM   #13
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

I am leaning toward more fruits and crave oranges! Yummy! I am also really craving avocado's and peach salsa too
Old 01-04-2008, 06:17 PM   #14
jennyb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i'm not currently pregnant, but everytime I have been pregnant, i could not standing the smell of meat while it was cooking

i normally eat a variety of foods, including lots of fruits & veggies. while pregnant the first time i discovered that cantaloupe tasted sour to me & that taste never went away, even now, 2 babies later i can't eat cantaloupe. it always tastes sour or rotten to me!

i CRAVED milk and canned peas (not fresh, not frozen, only canned!) i drank 5-6 glases of milk each day and ate a can of peas every day also other than that, i still ate lots of fruits & veggies & meat (as long as I didn't smell it while it was cooking)

Get Cash Back from all your fave stores-Click here to join Mr. Rebates!
jennyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:46 PM   #15
katieb-a
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was a lacto pesco vegetarian before my pregnancy, but during I was a little turned off by seafood (probably a good thing as I found out later how much mercury a can of tuna has in it!) I replaced the protein with beans in my salad (garbanzo, edamame) and with hempmilk (complete set of amino acids) and MILK-- I loved milk when I was pregnant! I drank almost a gallon a day by the end! MMMMmmm Ice cold yummy milk...
katieb-a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:50 PM   #16
Rachaelbee
Registered Users

My Mood:

w/ my 1st I could eat a bit of chicken or fish, but beef
w/ #2 I ate eggs but other meats were very liimited
w/ #3 I couldn't stand chicken and CRAVED beef I still love a good burger
Old 01-04-2008, 06:54 PM   #17
normajean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOL, yah I eat more JUNK! LOL
Old 01-04-2008, 07:38 PM   #18
minneapolismama
Registered Users
seller

we very rarely ate meat before i got pregnant. i was so sick at first all i wanted to eat was carbs- mostly dry toast and crackers. we saw a nutritionist at our heath food store who told me if i could, i should really eat meat for the best protein for me and the baby. so i did. after i wasn't sick anymore it was fine... we still eat a good deal of meat (11 month old ds isn't a big fan though) but are starting to eat more veg. dishes again. i would like to eat meat in moderation still.
minneapolismama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:48 PM   #19
Amberjoe_1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Last pregnancy I went in liking and sprite and hating coke.. came out loving coke and hating sprite...other than that that's all.

This time around..I'm having an aversion to sweets..(i love sweets). hmm that's about it so far..dunno how different it'll be once I get over this m/s.

See what's new @ Monster Fluff Studio's Blog
Amberjoe_1 is offline   Reply With Quote