Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-11-2006, 01:49 AM   #1
Georgiasmama
Registered Users

nightmares?

Hope you can help.. my dd is having really awful nightmares. to where she is afraid to sleep.. anyone know what I can do for her??

She is in her own room and has been for a year now (she is four) I want to have her sleep with us again to help her sleep.. but nervous of her falling out of the bedtime habits!

Thanks
kelly

Advertisement

Georgiasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:19 AM   #2
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:
Re: nightmares?

I would pray over her and her bedroom. Maybe watch a really cute video before bed and play light music at bedtime. I would play christian music with the volume barely audible, but classical would work. You could read her a story at bedtime and maybe lay down next to her in her bed for a bit. Does she have a favorite soft doll or stuffed animal. Maybe these things would help and also not disrupt the sleeping pattern or routine you already have going. If you have other children they could join in her room for the story then be excused to bed or taken depending on their age. Hope you find something that helps!

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:40 AM   #3
BeedieWeedieB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: nightmares?

Sorry, not sure what to say, my oldest has been in his own room in this house for about a year, was in his own room but in the crib for a month or so before we moved too and he has bouts where he deal with nightmares too, usually they come in spurts for a while and then go away, sometimes longer than others. I find they tend to be triggered by something, like we had realtives out visiting for quite a while and then they would start up after they all left. Right now he is working on potty training and doing quite well so I think just this something new is causing some of it.

Hope things get better will post more if I can think of anything,
heidi

p.s we do have a lullaby cd we play every night when he goes to bed, his is mediterrainian lullabies and he has a few times after he woke up and calmed down asked for his night night music again and playing helps him fall back asleep so the music is a good idea.