Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #301
Tish1973
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
As in they are no longer in business??

Advertisement

Tish1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #302
monkeybunns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish1973
As in they are no longer in business??
Yup and no one I've talked to locally had even heard including LLL leaders but the one that normally conducts the drop in session there is out of town.

Their website says nothing about it. Nothing is really on clearance like the sign said (it said everything would be on clearance online). Their fb page says nothing about them being closed.

The shop is empty. The sign said they would officially close the store front after a sale ending August 26th. There was no evidence of this in July when we visited (mid-July).

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum-sometimes my iPod thinks it's a better speller than me...
Old 09-22-2011, 09:07 PM   #303
pagodagirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Oregon mamas--roll call!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenajean1 View Post
I am not sure about stores with just cloth diapers, but portland is a pretty green city, I am sure lots of places carry them.

Oh I am so excited. I have not been home in 3 years.

Hawthorne district, powell's book, Mcmennamins, Washington park zoo, oh all the things I could do...

I miss Portland sometimes.

Also if anyone knows of any family events in the Portland area going on end of Sep to mid Oct please let me know. I want to take DS to do as much as I can but have a limited budget so looking for frugal or free ideas.

Or is anyone has any coupons for the zoo of kids museum lying around, I would put them to good use

Would be happy to meet up - we're in NE Portland and have a 6 mo DS. welcome back stateside! I grew up in England where my Dad was stationed and am somewhat jealous of your ex pat-ness.

Portland kids calender and urban mamas have online calenders of events (many free!) that would be good to check out for stuff to do while your back here.

As far as brick and mortar cloth stores in PDX there are a fair few that offer some:
Cotton babies in the 'couv
milagros
ecobabygear
and mother's nature
are ones I've found so far.
would be happy to know of anyplace else others have found.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:41 PM   #304
Elsaraw
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
In moving to Portland (Damascus) in a couple months! I'm excited

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 09-29-2011, 04:07 AM   #305
amy329
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by catilina View Post
I'm in Salem. We moved here about 3 months ago. I've got two little ones: an almost 5 year old son and a 2 year old daughter. It looks like there are a good number of us in/around Salem. We should plan a meetup!
Do you ever go to the NW kids club indoor park that is on commercial st? Maybe we can all get together there now that the cold/rainy season is here.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #306
mamaerica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsaraw
In moving to Portland (Damascus) in a couple months! I'm excited

That's pretty darn close to where I live! I love Damascus

mamaerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:28 AM   #307
SelenaJean
Registered Users

Hello, my name is Selena and I live in Banks Or. It's a tiny town west of portland. I have four kids ages 11, almost 10, 4 and 18 months. I'm a SAHM and only discovered cloth diapering with my last baby. He was born at home(a vba2c) and my MWs mentioned using cloth so I looked into it after he was born. I grew up in Oregon(forest grove/gales creek/newberg, moved a lot) but have spent most of my adult life outside of Oregon. My DH is from VA and we moved back here a few years ago
SelenaJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:33 AM   #308
6ofharts
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hi all! My name is Maria and I live in Eugene. Just moved here 3 years ago. My DH and I both grew up in nevada and moved from Las Vegas to get the kids out of that environment and into better schools. We have 4 kiddos between us: 17, 11, 7 and 3 mo. We CD'd with our 2nd using a diaper service and then decided to do it again on our own. We just started cd'ing a few weeks ago and I feel completely out of the loop because the CD world seems so different from when we did it the first time around. My DH and I both work, so getting a good laundry routine has been a struggle, but we refuse to give up! Glad to see so many other local mamas on this site.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #309
mommyof2wildboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelenaJean
Hello, my name is Selena and I live in Banks Or. It's a tiny town west of portland. I have four kids ages 11, almost 10, 4 and 18 months. I'm a SAHM and only discovered cloth diapering with my last baby. He was born at home(a vba2c) and my MWs mentioned using cloth so I looked into it after he was born. I grew up in Oregon(forest grove/gales creek/newberg, moved a lot) but have spent most of my adult life outside of Oregon. My DH is from VA and we moved back here a few years ago
I graduated from Banks High
mommyof2wildboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #310
Aub's
Registered Users
seller

Location: Cali Born and Raised But Transplanted To Albany Oregon...
My Mood:

Ok so I use to be in the California forum but now here I am, I live in South Salem and we have been here for a few months now. I am loving the weather up here and the rain is great

So I drive to Corvallis two times a day as hubby works at Big River Restaurant and Bar. He works in the bakery they have. We are trying to move closer to Corvallis (Albany, Lebanon area) but I really wish we could afford to live in Corvallis. I love it there but with it being a college town we just can't afford the rent let alone find a place.

So any mama's want to plan a play date I have a 13 month old and a 24 month old. We love going to Central Park in Corvallis. Oh and also I have to ask LOL Hubby was at work the other night and he was in the restroom and saw a papa cloth diapering. They got to talking about the diapers and he told the papa about this forum, I wonder if the mama decided to check it out?
Aubree, Proud Mama To 7 Little Hellion's, Wife To My Sexy Baker Tyler Crunchy, Tattooed, Pierced, Dreddy, Baby Wearing, Extended Rear Facing, AP Parenting, Circumcising, No Longer Vaxing, Mama To An Autistic/ADHD Boy And Dam Proud Of It
Aub's is offline   Reply With Quote