Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-11-2006, 09:46 AM   #1
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:
Help PLEASE - non-circ only! *UPDATE*

My poor baby. We got up this morning and I went to change his diaper. His foreskin is infamed, red, and looks like it's cracking open! It doesn't seem to bother him...he didn't cry while I was wiping him or anything, but I also noticed that his diaper was pretty much dry. This worries me since he'd been in it for 12 hours+. The way he's acting, it looks like he can't pee.

I suddeny have all of those scare tactics about children having to be circ'd later, anyway, running through my head. Somebody please tell me that he'll be okay!!! He has a dr's appointment at 2:45, but I think I'll lose my mind by then!!

Advertisement

Last edited by KnottyLDSMama; 08-11-2006 at 05:38 PM.
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 09:51 AM   #2
kathywiehl
Registered Users

Re: Help PLEASE - non-circ only!

I don't know what it could be, but if I were in your shoes I might wait a bit before calling the doc or getting upset. I had a question about my son's penis once and the dr retracted his foreskin and made him bleed. He was only three months old. Turned out that there was nothing wrong with him, so now I watch and wait to see what will happen. If it's an infection, you'd know it. The nurse at our doctors office said that there is no question when somethign like that gets infected. I'd put some cream on it and wait til tomorrow before taking him to the doc.
kathywiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 09:54 AM   #3
wmama
Registered Users
seller

He'll be okay. Let me see if I can find a link for you.

In the meantime, do NOT let the dr mess with your ds's penis--that will make things worse. If you end up taking him in, make it clear that you will be the one to show it to the dr, and you want the dr to keep hands off. Your ds definately should not need to be circ'ed because of something like this, so don't let any dr scare you differently (in non-circ'ing countries, they never do surgery for problems of inflamed foreskin, etc--they *treat* it, like they would for girl!!)

Let me look for that link...
Old 08-11-2006, 09:56 AM   #4
TaivensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

sorry about the little guy and good luck... Maybe a yeast infection? anyhow you will find out at the docs later until then try not to freak out he will be fine
Old 08-11-2006, 09:59 AM   #5
anna.worley
Banned

He'll be okay! My son's "weenah", as he calls it, has looked like that before and some cream and extra soft diapers did the trick. Also if he didn't have much pee it was probably really concentrated and therefore irritating. The foreskin is the most sensitive part on him and would react faster and stronger to irritants. He will be fine!
anna.worley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:01 AM   #6
rpg_mommy
Registered Users

Try putting some breastmilk on it and let it air dry, like you would your nipples.

If he doesn't seem to be in pain, I wouldn't jump the gun with a doc. And if you DO go see them today, I second what others said about making it clear that you want him to keep his foreskin just like it is!

:hug: Good luck mama!
rpg_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:23 AM   #7
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh trust me, I have a great ped. who doesn't beieve in circ'ing (and she has 4 boys). I would never take him to a dr who didnt know what they were doing with an uncirc'd penis.

I've been sitting here on the floor with him without a diaper since 11 this morning and he just now peed, but it was just like a trickle, not like the normal fountain he likes to spray us with.

*ETA*

I had a ittle bit of bm left from the mama that pumps for me, so I put that on him & we'll see.

Last edited by KnottyLDSMama; 08-11-2006 at 10:26 AM.
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:27 AM   #8
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

I have all girls so I don't know much about boy issues but I want to say eithr put some cream or breastmilk on it. Preferably the breastmilk, it will clear up any potential infection. I also want to say that boys can get UTI so that is possible, but I don't know for sure that is his problem.

Good luck at the dr office, I would go just becuase he woke up dry, incase there is a blockage or hydration issue or UTI.
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:47 AM   #9
wmama
Registered Users
seller

I couldn't find the link I was looking for (the "red, inflamed foreskin" sticky at Mothering.com--they removed it). I did find one thread that might have some helpful info in it for you, as far as what cultures you might want them to do, if it doesn't clear up on it's own: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...light=inflamed

If he resumes peeing okay, and doesn't seem in pain when he pees, I would continue to wait it out a bit. If he's not peeing much though, and screams when he does, I would get him right in.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:49 AM   #10
aschrimp
Registered Users

My ds has had a red, sore looking foreskin a few times before, and it's always cleared up with a dab of diaper rash cream. I'd be more worried about the lack of pee (like a pp said, it's probably super-concentrated and irritating the foreskin).
When my ds teethes he drops off on his eating dramatically - so much that he will go big chunks of the day without wet diapers (and I will get so engorged that I have to pump several times a day), and have concentrated yellow pee when he finally goes. It freaked me out for the first tooth (we are working on #8 now, so it's old hat by now) Of course, he nurses every couple hours all night long, so he's never woken up even close to dry, even when he backs off some. But if he only woke up to eat once at night (or if he were sleeping through) I could see it happening.
So...even the lack of pee is probably nothing to worry about, but it certainly won't hurt to see the dr - just don't let her go pulling on things that don't need to be pulled on!

Andrea - Mama to Lexy (9/7/05) & Serenity (3/14/09)! My Feedback: DS EBay
aschrimp is offline   Reply With Quote