Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-11-2006, 10:51 AM   #11
MamaJo
Go sell crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help PLEASE - non-circ only!

I agree with everything said The breastmilk might help.

My son got that a couple weeks ago. His foreskin was red and there was a bit of greenish pus (sorry, tmi lol), he also had a fever. I was ready to take him to the doc for a culture and to get the right antibiotic, but before I could, his body just took care of it It cleared up all by itself in 24 hrs.

I would take him in though....good thing you really trust your doc Just be sure to have the doc do a culture to make sure that he gets the right antibiotic that will work the best for that particular infection. And if it clears up on its own you can always just skip having the prescription filled - but at least you'll have it just in case. GL

Advertisement

Taking a break to focus on God & family

MamaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:55 AM   #12
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, it's mostly the fact that the tip looks like a big open sore, plu the trickle of pee and screaming during that's bothering me. He nursed ALL night last night (I got NO sleep and my nipples are more sore than they've ever been, even with a bad latch) so it really worries me that he hasn't peed. He just had a fairly decent one while standing up on me (I didn't mind, I'm was just happy that he peed!) but that's the first time since 11 this morning, and with the dry diaper, since 10 last night.

*ETA*
The breastmilk seemed to help the inflamation go down. So now the tip just looks like a huge sore. *sighs* 45 minutes until I can leave to go to the dr. (I HATE dr, so to be so anxious to go to one is kinda weird for me, lol)

Any advice on what diaper I should put on him to go? I don't know if I should use a pocket that'll keep him dry (but not breathe) or a prefold that will breathe, but make him wet (it's a 45 minute+ trip to the drs).

Last edited by KnottyLDSMama; 08-11-2006 at 10:57 AM.
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:58 AM   #13
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:

This happened a couple weeks back wiht my 20 mo and the BM worked really well ((((HUGS))))mama
Old 08-11-2006, 04:47 PM   #14
KnottyLDSMama
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, after 2 hours at the ped. office, I'm a freakin wreck. They had to put a catheder in him, plus take samples of the raw, bleeding areas, and take blood. The ped said there are 3 things that would cause his skin to be like that - yeast, strep, or staph. And she said it does NOT look like yeast. So we have an ointment that we have to put on with gauze (like you would do to care for a circ wound) and his 4 month appointment is Tuesday anyway, so she'll check him them to make sure it's better.

I cry every time I have to change his diaper and put the ointment on him. I'm a wreck, and wish my husband would hurry up and get off of work, because I need some support right now. I feel like I'm losing it. I'm not strong enough to deal with this on my own. I can't stand seeing my baby look like he does...
Old 08-11-2006, 05:53 PM   #15
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

Sorry that your poor baby had to go through all of that. I hope he is doing better soon. Just keep him lubed up w/ the med so he can heal and keep a barrier between his skin and pee, even though it is so close to where it comes out I am sure it offers some relief. If he isn't too squirmy yet and isn't rolling over maybe let him get some naky time. I know this can be hazardous, but getting some air on it may be good.

Good luck mamma, we all feel for you
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:58 PM   #16
KnottyLDSMama
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help PLEASE - non-circ only! *UPDATE*

Haha. Yeah, actually when the ped came in the room, I had him naked and was nursing him. She said I was braver than she was. lol

I feel better now that DH is on the way home. Of course, I say that now, but next time I have to change his diaper, I'm sure I'll be in tears all over again. *sighs*
Old 08-11-2006, 07:20 PM   #17
happyhomemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Praying for a quick healing and no pain for your little guy.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:47 PM   #18
MamaJo
Go sell crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I'm sure he'll be ok mama, illnesses happen and thats what doctors are there for (I typically hate going to them too lol). I'm sure he'll be feeling better in no time

Taking a break to focus on God & family

MamaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 09:56 PM   #19
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, Im so sorry. I hope this is taken care of swiftly! I'm glad you have a doc you trust like that.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:12 PM   #20
Frankly_Speaking
Registered Users

Hi Moonprysm:

I'm here at the request of two of your friends to help you. I'm the one that wrote the thread at Mothering.com that was referred to above and I've been giving help like this for years.

Both you and your doctor did exactly the right thing. Your doctor was using the most basic of diagnosic tools when he/she took the swabbing sample, something that from my experience not many do. That sample will be sent to a laboratory for a reading. The results should be back in about two days. From the result, the doctor will know if the prescribed medication is appropriate for the bacteria or yeast your son has. I would recommend calling them Monday or Tuesday to get the test results and to confirm the medication prescribed is appropriate for the pathogen. If they are really busy as it sounds like they are, this may slip through the crack if you don't call.

These infections are no more than minor skin irritations and your son is in no danger, just discomfort. The problems boys have are the exact same problems girls have and respond equally to the same medications. With the proper medication, most or all of the symptoms should mostly disappear within a day or so. However, the ped will probably give you a 10 day medication schedule. What ever the schedule, be sure to follow it for the prescribed time to be sure all of the pathogen is gone. Ending the medication early risks the bacteria or yeast becoming resistant to the medication and more difficult to eradicate.

Frank
Frankly_Speaking is offline   Reply With Quote