Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 08:53 AM   #1
indysteffanie's Avatar
indysteffanie
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Some where out there....
Posts: 1,218
My Mood:
im afraid it wont be long

im so frustrated...

im 29 weeks and a few days, with a cerclage.

well ive dialated around it, and was told when i was released from the hospital to call with any vaginal bleeding....

well last night there it was...i call and the l and d nurse tells me its normal!

what????? normal to bleed at 29 weeks with a cerclage? she tells me that im more than welcome to come in but she suggests just laying on my left side and drinking water...i said fine, she tells me to call back in an hour...i dont.

ive decided that im just going to wait it out now...no more calls to not be taken seriously. i will wait till im either in active labor, bleeding like a stuck pig (sorry for the visual) or my water breaks then i will call my doc but let them know im going to the other hospital (he is a perineonatologist and works with the other hospital where i had my other kids, im not sure if he delivers there...but at this point i dont care, i dont like him anyway)

im just so over it...

Advertisement

__________________

Steffanie: momma to Brennan(13) Dillon (7) with cf , Ashlyn (6) , TJ (4) and Anderson(1) , born at 29 weeks
indysteffanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:58 AM   #2
mhaddon's Avatar
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 13,479
Re: im afraid it wont be long

I everything goes ok. I don't know much about your situation, but it sounds like they should have taken you seriously Keep us updated.

From your name, do you live in Indy? What hospital are you going to?
__________________
Melissa, mama to 4
Yummy yarn FS! PL HUGE Destash
PM me about YYMN spots!
mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:07 AM   #3
Crazy4Coffee's Avatar
Crazy4Coffee
Registered Users
Formerly: tla**8
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: washington
Posts: 2,132
My Mood:
Re: im afraid it wont be long

i'd call my doctor and let him know whats going on. my doctor would be pissed if i wasn't taken seriously. hugs to you momma
__________________
Mandy wife to T SAHM to A 7yrs and I 5yrs
and maker of mario and luigi hats
Crazy4Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:10 AM   #4
indysteffanie's Avatar
indysteffanie
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Some where out there....
Posts: 1,218
My Mood:
Re: im afraid it wont be long

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaddon View Post
I everything goes ok. I don't know much about your situation, but it sounds like they should have taken you seriously Keep us updated.

From your name, do you live in Indy? What hospital are you going to?

im supposed to go to IU med center, since im high risk...but that is where im getting the run around.

ive delivered all my others at st francis south campus and that is where ill go this time, since the other one doesnt want to listen

ive had a 31 and 32 weeker in their nicu and trust the staff (besides the doc in charge, but that is a different story)
__________________

Steffanie: momma to Brennan(13) Dillon (7) with cf , Ashlyn (6) , TJ (4) and Anderson(1) , born at 29 weeks
indysteffanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:47 AM   #5
kymdenise's Avatar
kymdenise
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,603
My Mood:
Re: im afraid it wont be long

Definitely call the Dr. I mean, that's so early, and if they can do anything to help. I've had total nightmare experiences with nurses, and my dr. was FURIOUS.. lemme paint a picture. Right after I delivered dd#1, the nurse PACKED me with guaze and LEFT IT! I was stitched up and sent home... 8 days later I was septic. Went to the doctors office, and when the PA found it, she left the office to go FIND dr, and DR charged straight over to the hospital to find out whodunit... Needless to say, the nurse denied it! Fact is, sometimes people are rotten and lazy, and that includes nurses! Talk to your Dr.!
__________________
Kim
Mama to 3 sweet girls, and one handsome little man
~**~
Cautiously expecting number 5 in October
kymdenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:56 AM   #6
crystalkicks's Avatar
crystalkicks
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,272
My Mood:
Re: im afraid it wont be long

i hope everything goes well for you mama....so sorry about not being taken seriously....Im praying for you and your little one!!
__________________
Crystal....wife to Justin Mama to two wonderful toddlers....Brynn 3 and Landon 2
crystalkicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:46 PM   #7
mhaddon's Avatar
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 13,479
Re: im afraid it wont be long

I have heard great things about the IU med center when it comes to everything except the maternity care. One of my friends had her DD at the med center b/c she was high risk, etc. It was horrible I'm surpirsed her and her DD made it out alive it was so bad. I don't blame you I'd go where you've had good care
__________________
Melissa, mama to 4
Yummy yarn FS! PL HUGE Destash
PM me about YYMN spots!
mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:28 PM   #8
sunfish_mom's Avatar
sunfish_mom
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,833
My Mood:
Re: im afraid it wont be long

Call your doctor and tell him what is happening and what you were told. Call the other hospital and tell your situation as well. Do not let anybody put you or your baby at risk out of pure laziness. Just waiting it out and doing nothing is a bad idea as well. Don't put you and your baby at risk just because one person did not want to help.
good luck and I hope you get the help you need.




Quote:
Originally Posted by indysteffanie View Post
im so frustrated...

im 29 weeks and a few days, with a cerclage.

well ive dialated around it, and was told when i was released from the hospital to call with any vaginal bleeding....

well last night there it was...i call and the l and d nurse tells me its normal!

what????? normal to bleed at 29 weeks with a cerclage? she tells me that im more than welcome to come in but she suggests just laying on my left side and drinking water...i said fine, she tells me to call back in an hour...i dont.

ive decided that im just going to wait it out now...no more calls to not be taken seriously. i will wait till im either in active labor, bleeding like a stuck pig (sorry for the visual) or my water breaks then i will call my doc but let them know im going to the other hospital (he is a perineonatologist and works with the other hospital where i had my other kids, im not sure if he delivers there...but at this point i dont care, i dont like him anyway)

im just so over it...
__________________

sunfish_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:38 PM   #9
indysteffanie's Avatar
indysteffanie
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Some where out there....
Posts: 1,218
My Mood:
Re: im afraid it wont be long

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfish_mom View Post
Call your doctor and tell him what is happening and what you were told. Call the other hospital and tell your situation as well. Do not let anybody put you or your baby at risk out of pure laziness. Just waiting it out and doing nothing is a bad idea as well. Don't put you and your baby at risk just because one person did not want to help.
good luck and I hope you get the help you need.
im not just putting us at risk, i have been to the other hospital, in fact they kept me overnight last week...they told me i was too high risk and had to go to iu. so i kept my appointment last week with my doc and went, he acted like all that is going on is not a huge deal.

i have never in my life felt so lost with all that is going on, this is baby number 5...ive never been so upset. its like one hospital doesnt want me and another thinks im an idiot and poo poos everything i say.
__________________

Steffanie: momma to Brennan(13) Dillon (7) with cf , Ashlyn (6) , TJ (4) and Anderson(1) , born at 29 weeks
indysteffanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:07 AM   #10
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,532
Re: im afraid it wont be long

That would royally tick me off. My story: my second daughter was born at 34weeks gestation. Came home at 35weeks. Took her to the ER with wheezing, coughing, vomitting, dehydration signs, and tight breathing at 39weeks gestation to be told by the ER nurse taht she was fine and her lungs sounded normal. So we took her home. The next morning we were hospitalized with RSV and pneumonia in one lung and the other lung collapsed. She was there a while on oxygen and taken completely off feeds and on albuterol treatments and seeing a respiratory therapist. That ER nurse should have been shot. My daughter turned blue at home and we rushed her in to the ER(we lived 30 minutes away) and she was desatting to 73. Her breathing was seriously compromised and her levels were "not conducive to life" as they termed it in the report.

So the long and shot of my rambling is, don't let that nurse tell you it's normal if you know it's not. And you know your body. YOu've been through this before. As the mom of two preemies, I want to offer you for your journey that surely lies before you. I wish you mature lungs, no issues, and a good weight.
__________________
3rockstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.