Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2008, 09:50 AM   #11
indysteffanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: im afraid it wont be long

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerybugmady View Post
That would royally tick me off. My story: my second daughter was born at 34weeks gestation. Came home at 35weeks. Took her to the ER with wheezing, coughing, vomitting, dehydration signs, and tight breathing at 39weeks gestation to be told by the ER nurse taht she was fine and her lungs sounded normal. So we took her home. The next morning we were hospitalized with RSV and pneumonia in one lung and the other lung collapsed. She was there a while on oxygen and taken completely off feeds and on albuterol treatments and seeing a respiratory therapist. That ER nurse should have been shot. My daughter turned blue at home and we rushed her in to the ER(we lived 30 minutes away) and she was desatting to 73. Her breathing was seriously compromised and her levels were "not conducive to life" as they termed it in the report.

So the long and shot of my rambling is, don't let that nurse tell you it's normal if you know it's not. And you know your body. YOu've been through this before. As the mom of two preemies, I want to offer you for your journey that surely lies before you. I wish you mature lungs, no issues, and a good weight.

thanks momma...i think that is why this is so frustrating and scary to me...im the mom of 2 preemies too (31 and 32 weeks) i know what they should be doing...and they arent.

i just want to cry

Advertisement

Steffanie: momma to Brennan(13) Dillon (7) with cf , Ashlyn (6) , TJ (4) and Anderson(1) , born at 29 weeks
indysteffanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:47 PM   #12
eyelashes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There are other good high risk hospitals in the area. Could you try a different one? St. Vincents has an awesome NICU and high-risk section. Please don't listen to a nurse, she doesn't have a clue what she's talking about it. Call your doctor and tell him what's up, and if he doesn't take you seriously, complain and switch to someone who will. It's too important, don't let one nurse get you down.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:47 PM   #13
oconnellhouse@msn.com
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am just glad to hear that you have not delivered the little one yet. Every day you wait the better chance the little one will have.

http://colorado-mama.blogspot.com/

Last edited by oconnellhouse@msn.com; 01-08-2008 at 02:54 PM.
oconnellhouse@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote