Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-07-2008, 04:01 PM   #1
Registered Users
Question WWYD???

so DS was in @ the doc today, cause i was all freaked out by his breathing and many of the posts i saw yesterday. any who, the U.Care doc says she thinks he has pnumonia, bc his xrays came back cloudy in his right lung. sooooo she rx'd him albuterol and antibiotics. i gave him some of the albuterol and it doesnt do squat for his breathing!!!! only makes him REALLY REALLY irritable!!! i dont much like meds and try to avoid them as much as i can, but alot of posts got me paranoid and i took him in and gave him meds. any other dc's been on that stuff??? is it suppose to work right away? if it doesnt should i just stop giving it to him? i dont know what to do!!! WWYD???

Momma to 99, 07 & Stella Grace 10/28/10
~My Star In Heaven~
lil'mommakaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:08 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: WWYD???

I would take him to his regular Dr. I think if he has pnemonia he should be in the hospital. He is way to young to stay home through that in my opinion. As for how fast it works I don't know. Bronchitis it works to clear it but my breathing is still raspy because of the Bronchitis so it could be making him easier to breathe but you can't tell because of the pnemonia. Antibiotics not by IV take longer to start making a difference.
Proud Single Mommy of: 1 & 9 angels in heaven. Swags
I will not change my belief's, actions, parenting style, etc just because it offends you! I won't be offended by your belief's, actions, parenting style, etc either. ISO Goodnites Coupons
mommy2kaitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:19 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: WWYD???

I don't like albuterol for myself. It makes *me* jittery, irritable, and my heart races and I can't sleep after taking it. I know a lot of kids use it/are prescribed it, but I don't know that I could give it to my kids. I would ask the doc for a nebulizer and see what different they can prescribe to use with it. I can't remember all the names of the different meds but I know there are others besides albuterol. Good luck mama. That's tough!
mama2cody is offline   Reply With Quote