Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2008, 09:10 PM   #11
ashleykaymay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: s/o others touching your pregnant belly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancifulFanny View Post
I don't think anyone ever touched me. I think I had a look on my face of, "touch my belly and you'll pull away a bloody stump".
me too. dh used to laugh at how crazy it drove me when my MIL did it. can't imagine what i would do to a stranger.

Advertisement

Old 01-07-2008, 09:15 PM   #12
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletmsu View Post
When I am pregnant about the only food that sounds good is McDonalds or Burger King. So lets just say I was "well known" at those 2 places. There is a lady who works at BK who I always talk to and is super nice. So this last pregnancy I walked in and it'd been a while since I'd been there and my tummy started really sticking out and she ran up to me and was about to touch my stomach and then stopped herself and asked first. I said yes, because it was my 3rd kid, and she was the ONLY person outside of my DH and my sister (who does it mostly to annoy me) who ever even attempted to touch my belly. And after my DD was born, I let her hold her and show her off to her coworkers.

With my 1st pregnancy, I was at church and a guy who is my dad's age came up to me and touched my stomach and I was like, WTH?!?!?! I can over look it if a woman touched my belly, but a guy??? Yeck!

And same pregnancy I went to a friend's wedding and an ex boyfriend was there because he was in the wedding. He came up to me and gave me a big hug and rubbed my belly. My DH nearly hit the roof!!! Secretly I was even if it did make him mad. But then, I'm evil like that.
Ok..now that is funny . I do have to say though...I I hated it when MIL touched my belly. Of course I secretly cringe while she holds my kids too. Yeah...I know she's the grandma...but it just gives me a feeling for whatever reason. Even before I started disliking her.

Probably the one time I about hit the sky (yeah forget the rool the fracking SKY) was when I saw a crazy @$$ ex's mom who had spread a million rumors about me holding and kissing my ds1. DH had ds at the time (we were at a fair) and I was looking for him with some friends of mine and when I found him there was this woman who said sooo many horrid things about me HOLDING MY SON and carressing his head and kissing him (he was about 4 months old). I was LIVID. My friends just held my elbows and steered me in the other direction b/c I seriously would've LOST IT on the woman.

Ok...rant over.

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:19 PM   #13
mama2cody
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh another weird time was when I was about 4 or 5 months pg and I met my parents at a Sears parking lot to get my sister, and my mom tried to lift my sweatshirt to look at my belly! I told her to leave me alone and smacked her hand. She was so insulted and to this day tells me she wasn't going to life my shirt. I told she should have asked first, of all people, she should have known that. And in a parking lot? In winter in Maine? I mean, common courtesy please!
mama2cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:23 AM   #14
ceilismom
Registered Users
seller

Nobody ever dared try it with DD. So far, nobody has dared with this one either. I just sort of have this look, my DH calls it the "look of death" that keeps people in line. I'm not usually a target for random hugs either. And that's ok with me.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:02 AM   #15
csully4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used to work a t a hospital and would see the same people every day. I didn't know there names or what dept. they worked in. One day on the elevator this lady starts touching my stomach and asking if it was twins cause I was big(not twins). I couldn't believe it. If some one asks then I am usually ok with it cause at least they asked. Just because it sticks out farther than any other part of our body does not mean it is ok for people to touch. No one walks up to large breasted women and touches them making comments on how big they are. Same rules apply for preg bellies in my book.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:08 AM   #16
FancifulFanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had warned everyone I worked with that if they touched my stomach I'd touch theirs.

No one ever did.

Though a friend at work was pg at the same time and grabbed my hand once and put it on her stomach, which weirded me out. I'm not a touchy person.
FancifulFanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:53 AM   #17
maryjane
Registered Users

I think it's odd that people like to touch but it doesn't bother me a whole lot. I find it amusing. I think it's kind of endearing that people are drawn to pregnant bellies. The weirdest encounter I was in a Blockbuster looking for movies. I was very pregnant with the twins. This very tall, very muscular young man and his extremely attractive wife/girlfriend were there and he sees me and says oh, wow, when are you due and proceeds to rub my belly. His wife/girlfriend comes around the corner and sees him and says "what are you doing? Did you ask first? Most people don't appreciate perfect strangers just walking up and rubbing body parts." He looked really embarrassed and apologized. It was funny.
maryjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:04 AM   #18
slockwood
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What is with the belly touching anyway? I don't see people coming up to fat men and rubbing there belly! Freaks. I hate it when people do that. Anyone really. Except Dh. But anyone else I will slug them. Here is a shirt I wore to help ward off the grabbers.

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/touch+b...t_/fpt_/c_666/
Old 01-08-2008, 11:31 AM   #19
mamax3
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissa20uk View Post
I was walking through the grocery store and a teenage boy came right up to me, in a very swift like fashion. I had no idea who he was, he touched my belly, rubbed my back and said "ohhhh look at that belly"....I was speechless, Just the way he approached me and rubbed me. LOL, it was a very personal rub, only dh can do those kind of rubs.
LOL! That is weird!!

Not many ppl have tried to touch my belly this pregnancy. Occasionally though.. I guess I don't mind it because I'm so used to the kids all over me or poking me in the belly button, or lifting my shirt. It weirds me out more when family touches me... get off! DH is afraid to touch me I think, I'm kind of emotional lately.
6 on the road
mamax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:57 AM   #20
Rachaelbee
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slockwood View Post
What is with the belly touching anyway? I don't see people coming up to fat men and rubbing there belly! Freaks. I hate it when people do that. Anyone really. Except Dh. But anyone else I will slug them. Here is a shirt I wore to help ward off the grabbers.

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/touch+b...t_/fpt_/c_666/
I love it! that would certainly keep the hands off!