Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2008, 12:28 AM   #1
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Natural remedies for yeast diaper rash?

I wanna try some natural remedies but I thought Id ask before I went ahead and did it. We have been diagnosed by a doc per se but from the pics Ive viewed and the fact its not clearing up Id def say its yeast rash. So if I were to try a natural yeast remedy and say on the off chance it isnt that would I be hurting anything? I ask becus dds ped is very popular so its difficult to get an appt plus its 45 minutes drive and a 10 dollar copay that we really cant afford right now. Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

Sakura Knit YYMN giveaway at 100 fans!
~Peach~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:12 AM   #2
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Natural remedies for yeast diaper rash?

get a jar, bottle, sippy cup, can, whatever. Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda to 6oz of warm water. Shake until dissolved. Pour some on a clean washcloth and wipe with that 4x/day (it can be used in mouths for thrush, and on nipples too). After 3-4 days it will be MUCH better. Go to twice a day for about 2 weeks. Then use daily to prevent it coming back. You can use the same jar, you don't need to make it fresh. You can use it as your "wipes solution" but some babies will find it a bit drying if used all the time.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:23 AM   #3
idigchaitea
Registered Users
seller

I've heard that tea tree oil is anti-fungal, so perhaps you could put a few drops on your wipes or something. Also, you can buy baby acidophillus which helps combat the yeast.
*28 year old mama to Josiah Liam, born 05.19.2007, Jonas Elliot, my dove in heaven, stillborn at 40 weeks 03.12.2009* www.jonaselliot.blogspot.com , and my rainbow baby Julien Reese 11.04.2010 *Married to Zac 06.11.2005*
idigchaitea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 06:52 PM   #4
jens-closet
Registered Users
seller

Old 02-03-2008, 07:16 PM   #5
Grrchurch03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Grapefruit Seed Extract. Mix 15-20 drops with 1 qt of water and use that to wet your wipes, no other wipe solution. This should clear it up within a week. I do this all the time, dd has probs with yeasties occasionally and this clears it right up. I didn't think it was working at first bc it would take 2-3 days to start disappearing, but it is quite effective. Also, add some to your wash, google it or something and you can find out how much exactly, but you need to add it or a bit of bleach to the dipes to kill the yeast that is in the diapers, you can also add boiling water to the wash and that would kill the yeast in the diapers. You have to treat both the diapers and the skin seperately or it will just keep going on and on. Good luck mama!

Last edited by Grrchurch03; 02-03-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Grrchurch03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:09 PM   #6
ericahex
Registered Users

My Mood:

Other options are acidophilus or yogurt, and gentian violet, which is available over the counter at some pharmacies but you will want to call ahead. It also stains everything. Failing natural remedies you can use Monistat or Canesten (same thing you'd use for your yeast infection) or Lotramin (athlete's foot meds) that are available without a script.

Here's more info about various remedies - http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...tml#treatments

Life at the Zoo
ericahex is offline   Reply With Quote